jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Donald Trumps want to Buy The New York Times

1. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 3 years ago

Can the billionaire buy his way into ownership of the respected newspaper company?
    By Jonathan Berr

Billionaire Donald Trump wants it known that he really, really wants to buy The New York Times even though the paper is not for sale -- and even if it were, the Sulzberger family, which has owned it for more than a century, probably would never sell it to him in a billion years.

If Trump is successful -- and that's a big if -- he would have a tough time convincing employees and advertisers that he wouldn't use the paper to promote his own political agenda. In fact, some newspapers around the country have been snapped up by wealthy business owners with their own motives. Real-estate developer Doug Manchester, for example, bought the San Diego Union-Tribune in 2011 and turned the paper into what Media Matters for America calls "a corporate shill."
    http://money.msn.com/now/post.aspx?post … 02d970da17
    He can command a tv spot without hesitation and now wants to insure we read his views? No way.

1. wilderness profile image97
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

No way?  While I would hate to see it happen, what right, legal or ethical, does anyone else have to interfere in the private sale of a business?  Is the US a free country or not?

1. Stacie L profile image87
        Stacie Lposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It's a free country if you're wealthy and can dictate your ideas as truth.

2. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

@ The Donald,

I've got a subdomain you can have. 100K and this puppy is yours.

- paradigmsearch

3. LucidDreams profile image84
    LucidDreamsposted 3 years ago

Hahahah.............I'll do mine for 25K.....it's a bargain cause i'm geting rich off it and you can too. That's right, you already are rich........well @#^%$ you buddy!