jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

2012 Taxes

1. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Well, I copied my https://hubpages.com/my/earnings/history to the spreadsheet. Got the total. Ditto Google Adsense. It took me maybe all of 15 minutes. All that's left is just filling out the tax forms. Since I'm not going to mess with the home office deductions, I expect that to also be stress free.

1. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I just need to check what was reported on last year's form - is it total actually paid, or total earned. It actually makes a lot of difference for me as I did really well in Nov and Dec 2011 - and these were paid in 2012

paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I mulled over the earned versus the paid as well. The IRS does seem to get excited about that when it comes to switching back and forth or some such thing. Bottom line, for me, it won't matter that much; so I decided to keep it simple and went for year paid.

2. Stove And Home profile image91
        Stove And Homeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Simey, you would file what was paid to you in 2012, even if it means having earned it in the previous year.

1. SimeyC profile image88
          SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That's what I assumed thanks.....

1. kittythedreamer profile image96
            kittythedreamerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Trying to fill out my forms...it needs hubpages tax id...anyone know how to find that?

paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

On schedule C, I just put my entire writer's income on line 1b (gross receipts). This was for tax year 2011. Have they changed that for tax year 2012?

working