jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

disability ssdi questions

1. janesix profile image73
    janesixposted 3 years ago

I applied for disability a few months ago, I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this and how hard it is to get. It's for bipolar 1 disorder and general and social anxiety. I just had an evaluation from the disability people,and i did all the paperwork, and provided all of my hospitalation records and mental health records and meds and all of that. What else should I expect in the process? I recieved a government debit card in the mail, but no explaination for it. No money or anything, just the reliacard,a nd i don't know what else it would be for. Any thoughts?

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 3 years ago

No experience, but I would ask the disability people that you applied with. And if they don't know, ask them who might know and so on. Also ask google. Seems there would be information about this as well as
    bipolar sites one might have to sign in to.

3. KCC Big Country profile image82
    KCC Big Countryposted 3 years ago

From what I've seen, mental disability cases seem to process much faster than physical cases.  I have a friend who applied in Dec 2011, had an interview with their psychologist in March and was already getting money in June 2012.   I've never seen a physical disability case go through that quickly.

janesixposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That gives me hope.

I plan to appeal if it doesnt go thru the first time. My sweet sweet boyfriend is willing to support me (financially)whether or not I get it, he is the best guy ever! I love him. He totally knows I'm crazy and he puts up with all of my weirdness. He's the best thing that ever happened to me.

4. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

I can't speak as to other counties, but as to my county...

You can be a drooling, slavering, quadriplegic, homeless idiot; and you will still be denied benefits.

janesixposted 3 years ago in reply to this

So I've heard. That sucks.