Automated telemarketing phone calls!?!

1. 0
    rantingroseposted 3 years ago via iphone

I can't stand telemarketing calls, especially automated ones!  Why on earth would I buy something from you when you don't even put the effort into hiring a person to do your calling.

A lot of the calls picked up after my company signed up for free listings on Internet directories. A lot of the calls talk about taking advantage of your free google business listing, even though it isn't google doing the calling.

I especially dislike the cruise ship horn calls that says you have won a trip and you need to press 9 to collect.

Why do scammers scam? Is this really an effective way to get sales? How many of these calls are scams?

I changed from a land line phone at home to only having a cell phone. That cut out all of the telemarketing calls, except for my own bank calling to pester me for surveys or insurance.

How many little old ladies get hooked by these people calling?

1. torrilynn profile image83
      torrilynnposted 3 years ago in reply to this

rantingrose, i've never gotten hooked by these scheming sharks. i've always became highly annoyed at the amount of times they will call and how they will never give up no matter what. even trying to ignore them was a hard thing to do. i think the best thing to do would be to only having a cell phone or changing your land line phone number. hopes this helps. best of wishes.

2. 0
    rantingroseposted 3 years ago

I don't get the automated calls on my cell, thank goodness. But I do get a ton of them at work even though we are on the Canadian Do Not Call List. Nothing can be done about it I'm afraid.