In the event of our death?

1. Eileen Hughes profile image83
    Eileen Hughesposted 3 years ago

Can we pre-arrange to transfer our hubs into another family members name by leaving our passwords and written confirmation that they can have the earnings from them.

This is something all writers need to think about.
    What can we do?

Any good reliable information would be appreciated.
    Lets face it we write for a bit of pocket money.  But what happens if tomorrow or 5 years from now we fall of the perch.  What happens to all our articles and who will own them.  Is there something we can do  while we are still here to prepare for that unwanted event.
    Thanks for any help.

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image93
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'd like to hear HP's thoughts on this, too.  Copyrights of books, etc., supposedly pass down to family members after death, and are in effect until a work becomes public domain.  Since we own the copyrights here, they should transfer as well, I'd assume.  We aren't talking about a ton of money, in most cases, but those rights should be protected.

1. Eileen Hughes profile image83
        Eileen Hughesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Marcy, I was hoping someone would come in to this with more information. 
        It is something that all writers should think about.  Especially those earning a good living from their writing.  Personally I mainly write just for the sake of it and a bit of pocket money too.