jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Online job

1. leilabarda profile image60
    leilabardaposted 3 years ago

what are other possible online job for a stay at home mom???

1. Gcrhoads64 profile image98
      Gcrhoads64posted 3 years ago in reply to this

While not an actual job, you can make some money at Amazon's Mechanical Turk.

leilabardaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

@ Gcrhoads64
        Thanks for the info. I will explore details about Amazon's Mechanical Turk..

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If you're hoping to make money by writing online, it's a long process.  It's not enough to be able to write good English (though that's the first essential).  You need to understand how to write to attract an online audience, search engine optimization, keyword research, promotional strategies including backlinking, social networks, etc etc.   You should regard writing as a long-term investment:  what you write today won't reach its earnings potential for months, if not years - and possibly never, if you've got your research wrong.

Once upon a time, it was possible to make big money writing online - you could write a lot of articles then sit back while they continued to earn pennies.  Those days are over, because Google is constantly changing the rules so you constantly have to update your work and change your tactics.

These days, the best way to earn online is to have your own products to sell.   Right now you are making a fundamental mistake in putting your shop on Facebook instead of on its own website.  That's not effective because there's no way for your customers to buy, and it makes you look like an amateur. 

So first you need a website or blog to showcase your products, and then you need to sign up for Paypal so you can accept payments.  Then, you need to put all your efforts into promoting that website effectively. Facebook is useful but right now you are not using it effectively. 

It may sound daunting to have to set up a blog, learn how to create a shop etc. I can assure you, there is just as much study involved in learning how to write online, so don't think it's an easier option!

2. accountingnerd profile image79
    accountingnerdposted 3 years ago

I have heard some people have success buying items from second hand stores and reselling on Ebay.  Sounds like a lot of work though smile

leilabardaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

thanks for the input. i guess you are right, a lot of stuff to consider for that kind of work. big_smile

1. Reality Bytes profile image93
        Reality Bytesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Textbroker.com

3. Gcrhoads64 profile image98
    Gcrhoads64posted 3 years ago

You can also do transcription at home. smile

4. Shells Designs profile image61
    Shells Designsposted 3 years ago

Start a store on Zazzle. It's free... if you can draw or take photos you can do it!

working