jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Would you allow your teenage daughter to leave home and to go

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

a city such as New York, Miami, London, and/or Paris to model? Models today are becoming younger and younger. Many young girls are leaving home, with their parents' permission of course, to embark on modelling careers. 

Many teenage girls go on to supermodel status or other entertainment careers.  Many teenage models live in chaperoned arrangments while others who are more mature, live unchaperoned.  Many teenage girls see modelling as an opportunity to make good money for future endeavors, whether to pursue tertiary education and/or other related careers, and to gain independence and a survival/street savvy.

1. Hariom Singhal profile image60
      Hariom Singhalposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I am from INDIA. In my country this is not possible.In some metro city like delhi mumbai this is common

2. tamron profile image59
    tamronposted 3 years ago

Absolutely Not!  To many scams and you can make your daughter a victim of sex slavery.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image85
      Kathryn L Hillposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Modeling is not always as glamourous as it is cracked up to be. Models have to stay thin. The Ford Models are poked with sticks wherever they are the slightest bit "over weight." To stay thin they end up taking pills, eating little and developing eating disorders.  My daughter talked to them on a plane trip one year. They end up doing coke or speed. Their beauty is short lived.

It is better to develop the inner life, rather then the outer.

However, it really depends on the agency and how protected the girls are. I would not let my daughter go until she was out of high school. (She was 19.) She did some hair modeling in New York and never had any problems. (She came home looking like someone else) You have to know the modeling agency and it has to be a legitimate one. There are many that are fine.

To let my young daughter go on on a long term basis? NEVER!