jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Question about Imautomator and payment

1. brakel2 profile image87
    brakel2posted 4 years ago via iphone

Can we use the service?  They require monthly payment for bookmarks/links. The bookmarks allegedly are in categories of hub subject.

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I would not recommend using that  or any similar automated link building service to promote your Hubs (or any other site really).  I believe that would constitute participating in a link scheme, which violates the Google Webmaster Guidelines and also the AdSense Program Policy.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Links from bookmarking sites aren't worth all that much anyway.   They were useful once, in the days when Google blindly counted every single link no matter where it was.  That's why these services sprang up, and they continue to make money because so many people don't know they're outdated.

These days, Google considers what kind of site the link is on - and they'd be pretty stupid not to know  that most directories are created solely so writers can post links, wouldn't they?

1. brakel2 profile image87
        brakel2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

A hubber talked about this site at one time, and people became interested - about three years ago. I think people got on the bandwagon at that time. Later, it changed and became a charged site. When it was no pay, it may have been ok, but maybe not. Thanks for info. Paul and Marisa.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
          Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Three years ago, IMAutomator was a worthwhile service - because three years ago, Google was impressed by links like that.  A great deal has changed since then.

2. brakel2 profile image87
    brakel2posted 4 years ago

In the beginning it was free, and they changed it to payment only. I was right that we cannot use it. Thanks for the confirmation.

working