jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

jobs, jObs, Jobs, joBs, JOBS...............

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

What is THE MOST IMPORTANT to you as far as jobs/careers go?  Security?  Money? Prestige? Growth Opportunities?  Stimulation?   All of the Above?  None of the Above? Some of the Above?

1. PoeticPhilosophy profile image78
      PoeticPhilosophyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

All of the above smile

2. Silverspeeder profile image60
      Silverspeederposted 3 years ago in reply to this

As long as i have enough money to pay my way and have a little over at the end of it i don't really care what i do, i shall always work to live and never shall i live to work.

3. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Retired now, but I did eventually learn that money isn't everything.  With about 1/4 of your life spent on the job, you'd better like the job.

That includes stimulation (high priority for me) and a liking for the job environment, including coworkers.  Money, given that it is enough to live comfortably on, is a distant third and prestige means not a thing.

gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Right-on regarding this assessment.  One MUST love the job in order to be fulfilled. So many people sell their souls to work in jobs THEY hate; however, the money and benefits are good to excellent yet THEY aren't fulfilled, a void is missing.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image84
    Kathryn L Hillposted 3 years ago

It's best to enjoy the endeavor. One's will must be activated by interest. There was an article in the newspaper this week about a woman who is still riveting airplanes at 92. She looks in better shape than the boomers working alongside her.  The article explained she enjoys what she does and is good at it. She tried office jobs, but hated being cooped up. She gets her hair and nails done every thursday.

3. Zsuzsi profile image81
    Zsuzsiposted 3 years ago

Spending so much time working every week, I look for three things in my job: 1) help financial stability (of course the basic needs are the most important)  2) be able to enjoy what I do  3) create opportunities for creativity and personal growth (otherwise I get bored...)

gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

YESSSSSSSS, a 100%!