Adsense Policy on Adult and Violent Content

1. NateB11 profile image93
    NateB11posted 3 years ago

I started a Hip Hop website/blog that, only with a couple articles, does cover the issue of violence in Hip Hop music and also some material related to "sex symbols" in Hip Hop. I consider the material relatively mild, but it does, for instance, include videos of songs with some explicit lyrics, though I don't advocate violence at all in these articles or anywhere on the site. I have not monetized the site except with a couple Amazon ads. I am wondering if it would be risky to use Adsense and, if so, is there an alternative to Adsense that would be more appropriate.

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

In my experience you might get by for a while, but eventually the site will lose adsense.  It will take long if "bad words" are only on the video but it sounds like you text will have them in an acceptable context, but that will trigger a check that will find them on the video.

I had a site lose adsense because of a discussion about the terminology used in romance novels to describe genitalia, and how that effects/reflects public attitude and shame about nudity.  Quite a dry topic, but used the forbidden words.

1. NateB11 profile image93
        NateB11posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, that's exactly what I needed to know, and as I suspected. I think it won't be worth the risk, I'll have to find an alternative to Adsense.