* Identify several professionals or industries that already have trusted relationships with your target market.
* Build or buy a database of potential referral sources (www.infoUSA.com and www.superpages.com are two great resources).
* Focus on refining your Unique Competitive Advantage by answering this question: "Why should someone hire me versus any of my competitors?"
* Create a form letter that includes who you work with, how you are different, and a personal invitation to get together to determine if/how you could work together.
* Send out 10-20 letters per week.
* Have your assistant call the people you sent letters to and determine their level of interest in connecting with you.
* Have your assistant set up appointments for you over lunch or coffee.
* When you meet with prospective SRPs, find out more about their business and how you can help their clients.
* Ask compelling questions to let them know you are interested in building a mutually beneficial referral relationship, and remember to ask the best question: "How would I know if the person I'm talking to would be a great referral for you?"
* Ask them if they would be willing to send you referrals.
* When possible, try to send them a referral in the next 30 days.
* Follow up every 4-6 weeks to stay connected with them ( send them a letter, article of interest, or one of your press releases).
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.