Attorney Referral Building System

1. The Rain Maker profile image59
    The Rain Makerposted 7 years ago

* Identify several professionals or industries that already have trusted relationships with your target market.

* Build or buy a database of potential referral sources ( and are two great resources).

* Focus on refining your Unique Competitive Advantage by answering this question: "Why should someone hire me versus any of my competitors?"

* Create a form letter that includes who you work with, how you are different, and a personal invitation to get together to determine if/how you could work together.

* Send out 10-20 letters per week.

* Have your assistant call the people you sent letters to and determine their level of interest in connecting with you.

* Have your assistant set up appointments for you over lunch or coffee.

* When you meet with prospective SRPs, find out more about their business and how you can help their clients.

* Ask compelling questions to let them know you are interested in building a mutually beneficial referral relationship, and remember to ask the best question: "How would I know if the person I'm talking to would be a great referral for you?"

* Ask them if they would be willing to send you referrals.

* When possible, try to send them a referral in the next 30 days.

* Follow up every 4-6 weeks to stay connected with them ( send them a letter, article of interest, or one of your press releases).