Bpo the killer? agree or disagree

1. royaldominic profile image61
    royaldominicposted 2 years ago

My name is dom, I am a 29 years old guy who has nothing to lose, I live with my parent in chennai. In 2007 I got out of college, I badly needed a job as I was a fresher, I joined a bpo, worked 2 years for them.. yes nightshift, I was one of the top performers in quality and sales. It was an outbound process. anyway there was no promotion,  no growth, but I got the service letter after trying hard. At the beginning when people heard that I was working for a bpo there were just mocking  didn't understand that but now I do. Anyway I joined sutherland, the company which has the worst management in the history of mankind. People who are in top management would stick with the company and terminate L1and L2 employees, rarely tls and mangers are on the list. Its true. Anyway i Worked and absconded 3 different times in sutherland, I was trying to relive in a proper way, but they did not wanna give the letter. You know what I was the no 1 performer in quality and sales in sutherland as well. I was productive and useful, But they weren't interested in giving my service letter, later I confirmed that the termination percentage in sutherland is more than 80 percent.. no job security what so ever, overall I worked 3 years in sutherland.  After that I joined css corp, 8 months same old us process but I got the service letter. I didnt like the tech process, I was reqesting a different department but I didnt get any and I got relieved. Afterall I am 29 now and I m in the middle of nowhere from settling, its all because of bpo.. night shift.. no proper sleep. People some companies are bloodsuckers, you won't be getting what you deserve, one thing i learnt from bpo.. english.. I may not be perfect but better than a lot of people. So my point is, u don't have to wait for 8 years to know that bpo is a shit. you'll be in a different world, you won't be able to get the things done, you smoke, you drink, maybe you use drugs, on the other hand, package sucks!!!, Most people don't agree with that but it's real. Things that are lacking in bpos are money, job security, rules that support employee, limited career options, on top of that you lose your health. well, The bottom line bpos would lead u to your tomb. Watchout its 100% true, live your life dont waste it. Do not spoil your carrer as I did. If you still want to join you could find companies like hcl, cognizant, tcs, ajuba... these companies does treat its employee in a great way I agree. But you should join in a better package. You should get what you deserve. please give us your story, suggestions or comment.  Thanks

1. HowardBThiname profile image90
      HowardBThinameposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Don't think of your career as spoiled. Think of your experiences as giving you insight - making you knowledgeable about the world of business. Take a night business course, contact the SBA and start  your own business. You have gleaned wisdom that many never understand. Use it to make your life the best it can be.

You know what those companies did wrong - so you can do it right. I work for myself. When I was younger - I had much the same experiences that you've had. I finally decided that I would be master of my own fate. Captain of my own ship.

We can't count on anyone but ourselves to look out for us - I finally figured that out. Now, I do quite well, but it was hard to take that first leap. Do it. Don't work for "the man," be your own man and call your own shots. You'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

I say this from experience.

1. royaldominic profile image61
        royaldominicposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you so much for your help and support : ). I appreciate it