jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Do you like, love, tolerate, or hate your job?

1. realtalk247 profile image71
    realtalk247posted 2 years ago

What are you feelings regarding your employment. So many people hate their jobs but what is the solution?  Is it better to work for yourself or find a job that has meaning beyond a paycheck?  To go to work and be miserable and physically ill practically is not the way to live.  So many people hate what they do and can not find the solution to the problem. 
    What are your thoughts?

1. Sed-me profile image83
      Sed-meposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I tolerate my job. You have to be able to multi-task to the nth degree (I don't think I've ever used that word before, I apologize.) I am very good at my job, but it's not enough. It takes every thing I've got to go in everyday, but I don't know what I'd rather be doing. Everything bores me except maybe writing.

2. Zelkiiro profile image83
    Zelkiiroposted 2 years ago

It's hard to feel any such emotions about something you don't have.

Why don't you have a job Z-man? How do you pay the bills?

1. Zelkiiro profile image83
        Zelkiiroposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I don't have a job because 8...9...however long it's been since late October months of unsuccessfully trying to obtain one is a bit of a pisser, especially when your last job was a temp job with only the vague promise of full-on employment at the end (guess how that turned out).

And I don't really have bills to pay since I currently have no choice but to stay with the folks, and my terrifyingly-small money pile keeps shrinking as the days go by.

I did luck out and finally got my first interview in FOUR MONTHS scheduled on Thursday, but as to whether that works out or not is to be seen. And even then, it's an entry-level job as a cashier at a Dollar General, so it's highly unlikely I'll be all like "SCREW YOU GUYS I'M OUTTIE" and find an apartment because trying to pay rent on minimum wage is literally impossible, let alone having something on the side to purchase food with.

What's "8...9?"
          I'm sorry. I hope you find something soon. They say things are getting better... more jobs being offered.
          Yeah, be nice to your parents. smile

1. Zelkiiro profile image83
            Zelkiiroposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Me trying to count how many months it's been since late October. :V

ic

3. healinghands1668 profile image86
    healinghands1668posted 2 years ago

I have two jobs. One I love, and one I tolerate because I like my boss, and I am very much needed, being the only employee. I hope to be able to go full time at the other job someday, but as that would require training someone else to take my place, I'm sticking with it for now.

working