jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (15 posts)

New Panda Rolling Out

1. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 18 months ago

It was announced today that a slow progressing Panda update is rolling out.  We've been waiting for it.  After reading the little that has been published and talking with folks, this seems like a very different Panda to me.  One that rolls out slowly, and my best guess is it will blend in with the next update, so we won't see these big increases or decreases over night.

http://searchengineland.com/google-pand … ths-225850

http://pauledmondson.hubpages.com/hub/I … of-Panda-5

It's too early to tell how this will impact high quality pages.  My hope is for the Hubbers that have worked hard on their pages and the folks that have been through HubPro will see a steady rise in traffic as Panda rolls out.  I'll share more as we get more data.

1. Jason Marovich profile image89
      Jason Marovichposted 18 months ago in reply to this

I'll be very interested to see how subdomains on HubPages are affected during this roll out.  Good luck HP.  You guys worked hard for this.

2. bravewarrior profile image94
      bravewarriorposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for the update and heads up, Paul. I guess time will tell, huh?

2. colorfulone profile image86
    colorfuloneposted 18 months ago

Panda is looking tough. 

http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12544489.jpg

3. Sed-me profile image83
    Sed-meposted 18 months ago

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12544536.jpg

4. GiftsByDiana profile image49
    GiftsByDianaposted 18 months ago

I sure hope it is kinder this time  smile

5. makingamark profile image77
    makingamarkposted 18 months ago
  6. pumpkincat210 profile image86
    pumpkincat210posted 18 months ago

Since June 23, I've had three noticeable spikes of traffic but they last pretty much exactly 24-48 hours.  I assume those were just tests.  I know google has to stay ahead of the spammers in order to return relevant search results, but some of this data is difficult for most people to interpret.  I found google's search easier to use and more accurate 5 years ago.

7. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 18 months ago

Like Google said, this appears to be a slow rollout.  Each day I can see small changes (mostly positive).  Hopefully, in two to three weeks, we will have more trend data.

1. makingamark profile image77
      makingamarkposted 18 months ago in reply to this

I don't think I agree.  Two to three weeks is about the time it normally takes for ANY update to roll out around the world. People in the USA - and especially California might see results sooner than some people but that doesn't mean to say it's actually rolled out

When they say "slow roll out" I take that to mean that this time they're going to inspect results as they go and do tweaks to refine it.

My guess is a couple of months before it settles down........

Why else call it a SLOW roll out?

2. colorfulone profile image86
      colorfuloneposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Thank you, Paul Edmondson. I am sure we will all be watching the next "two to three weeks" ahead with hopeful hearts.

8. paradigm search profile image82
    paradigm searchposted 18 months ago

If I don't see the usual major traffic upswing after Labor Day, then as far as I'm concerned the writing is on the tombstone.

9. pumpkincat210 profile image86
    pumpkincat210posted 18 months ago

Overall my traffic has decreased but I'm getting alot more international viewers. I'm not sure if this is particularly good since adsense weighs all countries differently, with the u.s. bringing in the most money.

10. Wilsono profile image61
    Wilsonoposted 17 months ago

Not again! I hope it comes out good for my blog. Thanks for the heads up, Paul.

11. Chriswillman90 profile image93
    Chriswillman90posted 17 months ago

Things are slowly declining but it's hard to say whether it's because of this.

working