jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Social Networking in the Workplace

1. The Phil profile image61
    The Philposted 7 years ago

Many have argued for and against social networking websites and tools within the workplace. Do you feel that this would be a benefit for team-building and camaraderie OR a recipe for disaster?

1. webmss profile image61
      webmssposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Social networking is not business networking. Therefore, it should be kept away from the workplace. You can make contacts within a social networking group but they are not really meant for business networking. I think any business that allows social networking in the workplace is wasting their company's money.

Cindy Freland
      Maryland Secretarial Services, Inc.

2. monicapeterson001 profile image59
      monicapeterson001posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Well these social networking sites could either make or break not just working relationships but even romantic relationships. I have been bothered as to how Facebook has been sparking or igniting jealousy to my friends' relationships and worse, broke it. So I wrote a hub about it. I'd like to hear what you think about "MyStalking" and "FaceStalking"

3. googleplusones profile image60
      googleplusonesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I believe the usage of social networking sites depend on the type of the work you are engage. There are instance that the participation of social networking could lead to a negative productivity as an employee because it lessen the concentration of the employee towards the main course of work. On the other hand the self discipline could manage it.

2. 0
    Leta Sposted 7 years ago

I don't care about camaraderie or team building within the workplace at all using these sites.  I'm interested in them from a marketing standpoint....  But of course, that's all blocked.  The tech dept. at my place of employment is so old school.  I want to attract travel writers, ie, but cannot get to travel blogs or anything the writers do on any of the social network sites...   Aaugh.

3. 0
    mtsi1098posted 7 years ago

i think this would be a recipe for disaster...the work place by itself has social implications but add to it a social network and work would not get done.

4. christysnape profile image58
    christysnapeposted 7 years ago

It always depend on the people in the company. One has to consider people factor. If the people in the company are matured and practices professionalism then this will bring out positive results but if not this could be a disaster.
    visit here to know more on personality development: www.mindsetunlimited.com

5. shobhi.wisitech profile image61
    shobhi.wisitechposted 7 years ago

This is actually very tricky it can be a positive step and even negative if employees use it in a restricted way its positive but if more time is going this way then surely its not at all positive.