Marketing a Book of Children's Poetry?

1. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 7 years ago

Hello Hubber friends,
    I have been madly dashing off poem after poem -- the target audience is children.
    Having never pitched a book to a publisher I have no clue where to start.
    Any/all suggestions welcome.
    Mighty Mom (although I think I will have a different moniker for the poetry!).

2. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

Hey MM,

Sorry no one has answered this for you. If you go to either Barnes and Nobles or a Borders they have reference books there that will help you know the publishers who are accepting children books.  that book or books will hopefully have the publishers websites and what they want from you in respects to your poetry book.

But your best bet is to check out a book that is full of agents and publishers and start researching there.

GOOD LUCK!!!

3. patful profile image60
    patfulposted 7 years ago

Look for a publication (both in print and on the web) called "Children's Book Insider". Their monthly newsletters are loaded with tips for children's writers and on getting published. They give you advice from experts, mention available markets for various types of children's lit and list announcements for writers conferences.
    For newsletter subscribers, there is a web site called CBI Clubhouse that has videos, tutorials, etc.