jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

Jobs & Careers

1. Whitney05 profile image62
    Whitney05posted 9 years ago

What do you guys do for a living?

I know many of you work online blogging, and such, but what about the rest of you?

Doctors, teachers, stock brokers, car salesman....  Student?

2. Lissie profile image88
    Lissieposted 9 years ago

I was originally a geologist but for the last 10+ years have been in IT: project manger, business analyst, test manager.  Now I am trying to make a living online

1. Lissie profile image88
      Lissieposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Gosh this is an old one - back to being a database geologist part time -still trying for the online business but it takes a while!

3. JArvinV profile image86
    JArvinVposted 9 years ago

I'm a student but I try to make some extra money online.

4. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 9 years ago

Hi Lissie,

How are you coping with the part-time job?  I've surprised myself by thoroughly enjoying life back in the corporate jungle!

I'm actually really enjoying it - 3 days a week seems just about right :-) They have sent me on a total of 6 days training in the 2.5 months I ve been here too so I am learning lots of new stuff - which I always love - now I have to put it into practice oops!  I find its a nice balance - with dancing 5 days a week too if I had a 40 hour job I would have no time for hte internet and I have new lease of life on internet income (see my Hub on Hubpages for Internet Marketing and follow the links ) so I am learning new stuff on that too!

2. Lissie profile image88

I'm actually really enjoying it - 3 days a week seems just about right :-) They have sent me on a total of 6 days training in the 2.5 months I ve been here too so I am learning lots of new stuff - which I always love - now I have to put it into practice oops!  I find its a nice balance - with dancing 5 days a week too if I had a 40 hour job I would have no time for hte internet and I have new lease of life on internet income (see my Hub on Hubpages for Internet Marketing and follow the links ) so I am learning new stuff on that too!

1. Hovalis profile image87
        Hovalisposted 9 years ago in reply to this

I've just gone back to work full-time myself. I'm on a contract at the moment, but I'm hoping it will last. I kind of like having money again! The only problem is that 40 hours a week takes a huge chunk out of my time and energy. I get home and just collapse and don't feel like doing much at all. The amount of hubs I've published recently has dropped off to about 1 a week or less.

3 days on the pay I'm getting now I could live with quite comfortably. I'm just a tad jealous of your lifestyle right now. Hmn I wonder what my chances of winning powerball are? I don't even know the prize amount for this week.

To be honest its hard to keep the grin off my face big_smile 40 hours a week just destroys me even with a reasonable commute.  Part of the issue too is that we are right back into competitive dancing which is another 4 nights and a bit of Saturday too - I just dont have the mental or physical energy to persue my internet dreams if I working 5 days a week!

5. KevinDoyle profile image59
    KevinDoyleposted 9 years ago

I am a systems trainer.  I basically instruct web classes and host on-site classes in the US and Canada for a large freight company.

6. stevemark122000 profile image81
    stevemark122000posted 9 years ago

Besides being an Full time Internet Marketer, I restore damaged leather, cloth, vinyl and plastic.

7. CMOE profile image60
    CMOEposted 9 years ago

I am a full-time student and a part time internet marketer.  I just finished doing an internship with the company that taught me internet marketing.  It has been very beneficial to learn this skill seeing I am graduating in Marketing.

8. Andrew0208 profile image59
    Andrew0208posted 9 years ago

I'm a network engineer. Setting up VSAT and related wireless gadgets has made it possible for me to be on a 24hrs everyday online anywhere. This has enabled me to fully participate in Internet Marketing which actually drives my passion. In fact HubPages is becoming my full time job and other similar online ventures. It's quite interesting. Thank you!

working