jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)

To start? or not to start a business now?

1. DanCavalli profile image60
    DanCavalliposted 7 years ago

Will you still dare to start a business now considering the economic crisis? You can answer here or join my poll on my first hub I want to find out if people are still into starting their own business.

1. SparklingJewel profile image67
      SparklingJewelposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I am continuing, because the power of our conscience in the process of creation of something, hopefully new, good and of service to others, is always needed to move life forward and not get stuck in negatives of life. big_smile  How's that for a mouthfull !!

2. Lady_E profile image83
      Lady_Eposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Why not - if you've done all the homework.

There might be an economic crisis but I assure you there are people who are still making a lot of money and a success of their business in this economic crisis.

2. 0
    mtsi1098posted 7 years ago

market timing is certainly a concern for business but ultimately it comes down to right time for you not necessarily the right market time

3. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

I think the entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well, some have no choice in this market. I've read of numerous laid off people taking the reins and starting their own business. I think it's a matter of a good business idea and plan and the drive to make it happen.

4. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

L@@K, SPAMMER yikes

5. Aya Katz profile image90
    Aya Katzposted 7 years ago

Misha, who's a spammer?

1. 0
      ryankettposted 7 years ago in reply to this

In fairness to Misha, this bloke is actually a spammer wink

He makes it look likes he is asking a question, when in fact he just wants to drive you to his hub (dont bother though, because he then proceeds to tell you how to grow a business in a recession).

2. Misha profile image76
      Mishaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

OP. The thread obviously was started with the purpose of promoting his hub. smile

6. 0
    ryankettposted 7 years ago

The only way through recession is innovation. Some of the greatest entreprenuers have said that.

'Business' is far too a broad topic. Would you enter into a DYING industry in a recession? No. Would you enter into a GROWING industry in a recession? Yes. And there are plenty of industries that are doing just fine. If there is room for your business to take a share of a market, then why not? If a market is saturated and fighting over a dwindling pot of money, then certainly not.

Each business plan has its own merits. If you are confident that a business can break a profit then you start that business, if their are doubts about the profitability of that business, then you dont.

7. Gemsong profile image86
    Gemsongposted 7 years ago

hub? he has a hub? it says zero.

1. anjalichugh profile image88
      anjalichughposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Bit of pre-launch promotion. smile

8. yasmintoo profile image60
    yasmintooposted 7 years ago

Absolutely. A lot like housing interest rates, folks still buy houses when the interest rate is over 6%. Folks still start businesses in poor economies. I did, but then again I am too ornery to be an employee.

9. cutedoll profile image61
    cutedollposted 7 years ago

I think its a good time to start a business as you can't start a job.