jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Experiences with Self-Publishing

1. Highvoltagewriter profile image87
    Highvoltagewriterposted 7 years ago

I would like to talk to writers on the Hub Pages about there view and knowledge with On Demand Publishing, or creating their own Book Publishing Company. Since it is a subject, I have researched a bit and plan to write about in this community. I will give credit to any writer that has knowledge that can help me in that pursuit and I look forward to sharing the information I have found with other writers. I especially want to know if anyone has used or know anything about Iuniverse  Publishing since they claim to be Number one in the POD filed.

2. Treasured Pasts profile image86
    Treasured Pastsposted 7 years ago

Don't know if it's what your looking for but I published my book through Bookmasters. I did all layout and formatting for the book, designed the cover, spine, and reverse, got my ISBT number, got my Library of Congress number and copyright. They, in turn, printed 800 copies of the book and spiral bound them and printed 200 hardback copies. Then all material was snt back to me. They offer to warehouse and market for an additional fee.
    Stuart Pritchard \Treasured Pasts
    A Guide to Colorado Merchant Trade Tokens

3. 0
    Scott.Lifeposted 7 years ago

You should probably talk to Leslie L. Sanders. She has been quite the Library of information on self-publishing. Her Hubs are very informative and well written.

4. Highvoltagewriter profile image87
    Highvoltagewriterposted 7 years ago

Thanks to both Treasured Past and Scot Life. This will help a lot! By the way Scott, just read your new Hub...well written! I am with you in that in America these days it seems people are persecuted for speaking there minds...it sucks!

5. Leslie L. Sanders profile image79
    Leslie L. Sandersposted 7 years ago

First I like to say thank you to Scott for referring to me for publishing info.

To Highvoltagewriter, I have self-published, e-published and published with iUniverse. If you need some answers I am probably one of the hubbers you can turn to. I will love to help you and answer any questions you may have about publishing and POD.

Leslie Lee Sanders