jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (16 posts)

What is the procedure to start a company?

1. Kevin Peter profile image73
    Kevin Peterposted 7 years ago

We are interested in registering a company what all legal procedures are there?

1. jackiewilliam profile image60
      jackiewilliamposted 7 years ago in reply to this

different country has different procedures.

2. Pearldiver profile image87
      Pearldiverposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Great Kiwi Tattoo... If You are a Kiwi.. Email me & I will walk you through the whole process.

3. macbeth25 profile image61
      macbeth25posted 7 years ago in reply to this

As someone else correctly said, procedures differ by country.  If you are in the United States, I suggest you review my HUBs relating to your question: http://hubpages.com/hub/Business-Startup-Suggestions and http://hubpages.com/hub/Work-at-Home-or-Get-an-Office. You might find both interesting and informative.  If you’re not in the United States, you need to find an equivalent office to the Senior Citizens Organization of Retired Executives (SCORE) or get someone to start one.  That and our Small Business Administration (SBA) can provide a lot of help.  Many times, home communities might also be able to help.  Good Luck

4. Eric Graudins profile image60
      Eric Graudinsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

What a strange question to be asking on Hubpages.

I'd suggest that you go and see the government business asdvisory service in your particular country, and also a business adviser or accountant.

5. 0
      AuthorsBookposted 7 years ago in reply to this

The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has offices in all major and some minor cities.  They offer free consultation via the Web as well as on site.  Also, ask about their SBDCs (Small Business Development Centers) PLUS banks that feature SBA loans are a viable resource in your locale.  These are FREE resources.  If you're starting in square zero, find out what you need to know or do before you spend $$$.  Then your steps will be sure footed.

2. 0
    ryankettposted 7 years ago

I can tell you how to do it in the UK, but not USA..... it says that you are a 'global citizen', you need to narrow this down a little lol

1. awsydney profile image61
      awsydneyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

True. Australia here has its own procedures. I have started many companies here and even then, procedures change.

3. Highvoltagewriter profile image86
    Highvoltagewriterposted 7 years ago

What kind of Company? Give me some details of what you want to do and I may be able to help you.

4. huck tooey profile image61
    huck tooeyposted 7 years ago

If you need to ask an important question as this on hubpages........maybe you shouldn`t start a business.

1. 0
      ryankettposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Also, if your going to start a business.... then you need to learn to show courtesy and come back and thank people for their replies wink

5. Lady_E profile image81
    Lady_Eposted 7 years ago

Your Profile doesn't indicate where you are from.

If you are in the UK and want to set up a small biz, fill out the form below, send it off and you are ready to roll. (Its Free to Register) and you can commence biz immediately.

If however you are from Honolulu or somewhere else, the procedure would obviously be quite different. G/Luck.

6. yasmintoo profile image60
    yasmintooposted 7 years ago

Sounds like you need to take a class, find an attorney or a business consultant.

On the other hand you could simply input "starting a business, your country" into a search engine and see what you come up with.

You could've done that on Hubpages.

7. 61
    kelvinr63posted 7 years ago

Probably the first thing you would want to do is decide if it will be an online or offline businee.
    An offline business an actual building or from home check with the chamber of commerce in your state to see what types of licenses or permits that are needed.

8. Research Analyst profile image79
    Research Analystposted 7 years ago

The best type of business to start would be a service based business that provides a solution to peoples problems, if you choose to set up a online business your startup cost will be very low and your profit margins much higher than starting a traditional brick and mortar business.

I am here in California and there is a great organization called SCORE Counselors to America's Small Business
    Free online and face-to-face business counseling, mentoring, and training. They provide business help and advice for small businesses just starting or for existing businesses.

www.score.org they offer free advice from experienced retired business owners who can answer any question about starting a business and what is needed as far as legal paperwork.

Give them a try, hope that helps!

9. mattn78 profile image61
    mattn78posted 7 years ago

Hi Kevin,

Once your company is actually organized one of the most important thinks that you will need to do is setup your payment processing system.  This whole process is not something that you should take lightly.  It can can be very confusing, especially if you have never owned a business before.  A great place to start is HubPages.  There are many hubs that have great information on payment processing options available for a new business owner.