jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (15 posts)

Just applied the google tactics

1. nivela profile image61
    nivelaposted 8 years ago

i recently read a post regarding getting better pr from google. After applying the concepts I hope that my page will receive the pr as well. My How to Make Money on the INternet:Mangled page has word use and taggint that are supposed to get me ranked here within the next week or two! cross your fingers yall!

2. nivela profile image61
    nivelaposted 8 years ago

typing in nivela, my user name, yields a page one rank on google!! yipeee

1. darkside profile image83
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Congratulations!... on possibly being the first and only person to search for the word nivela at Google.

3. sso profile image59
    ssoposted 8 years ago

kinda confused with what you said. the google page rank is NOT the rank of your website in google result pages...

4. waynet profile image48
    waynetposted 8 years ago

Page ranking is determined by lots of factors that google won't ever divulge, although there has been several speculations and support from those who do well on the internet, I typically write lots of content especially on my blogs, and add relevant comments and links elsewhere, this is a long term strategy which could take time and effort.

There are quick ways but, I would avoid these because they are usually black hat techniques that will destroy your chances of ever being successful online and the ISP you are with have control over your internet account, so any spamming and they could terminate your account, under the current spam laws.

And yes congratulations are in order....Nivela might just get mixed up with that popular skin cream nivea, so you might end up indirectly referring people there...you could find an affiliate program for that cream and......

5. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

I have some bad news though. You are down to number 4 big_smile

http://www.google.com/search?q=nivela&a … =firefox-a

6. Eric Graudins profile image60
    Eric Graudinsposted 8 years ago

Proof again that it's easy to get on the first page of Google - which is what is promised by the shonky SEO companies.

Getting there for a competitive keyword is a different thing entirely.

If you can get on the first page for the term "make money on the internet", that WOULD be a major achievement.

1. BIG Mike profile image60
      BIG Mikeposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Getting there is the easy part - now keeping it there; that's hard, LOL.

By the way, Page Rank (PR) changes constantly - what you see in the Google Toolbar is a "Fixed" PR from the last update.

Web sites don't get Page Rank - Pages get Page Rank, hence the name, LOL. It's actually pretty easy to get PR on your site's default index page. It's more difficult to get it on other pages, something often overlooked in SEO.

7. quotations profile image93
    quotationsposted 8 years ago

Regarding the Google Page Rank - I read somewhere that the PR that you can check yourself is not the PR that Google uses to display your site on its search results. The PR actually used by Google is not public. The PR you see was described as being for entertainment purposes, in the article I read.

8. Craig Dewe profile image80
    Craig Deweposted 8 years ago

The Google PageRank displayed isn't just for entertainment, it's just not updated very often. And by very often I mean every 3 months or so.

So the PR you see for your website is basically always out of date. But the PR behind the scenes is the one that really counts. You might just have to wait 3 months to find out what it is...

9. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

I don't understand any of the Page Rank stuff.  What I do know is that it's pitifully easy to get on the front page of Google with an unusual name, and it doesn't mean j@#) s#(!.

Google my name and nine of the first twelve entries are mine. Actually, I think that's slightly worse than it used to be, if anything - and I haven't done anything to achieve that.  It's just that, for some strange reason, my name is quite rare.   

I remember getting quite excited about it at first - until I realised that, of course, no one is going to find my articles by Googling my name!

1. 0
      pgrundyposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Just for the hell of it I googled pgrundy and the first listing was my how to make money writing online hub, the rest were for sites I almost never write for anymore. Weird.

2. Misha profile image75
      Mishaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Yep, this is exactly the point everybody misses at the beginning. Now when you understand this, your next task is to find a keyword (or a set of keywords) that are relatively rarely seen on the net, but are relatively actively searched for. This is called keyword research big_smile

10. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image76
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 8 years ago

I think no tactics work. It is constantly changing phenomnon. one has towork hard with his contents, keywords, linkings and promoting through various means continually.
    jyoti kothari,

1. 0
      pgrundyposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I agree. I think writing something people want to read works. It doesn't hurt to check the keywords once you've written it and tweak them, but it's hard to hit it every time no matter how much keyword research you do. I've noticed that over time at all the sites I write for, I get more hits. But it doesn't usually happen instantly.