jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Affiliate Marketing is being Monopolized - Good or Bad?

1. Silver Camphor profile image75
    Silver Camphorposted 7 years ago

There is a site that has come up called Review Strike. It is being promoted as a Get Paid to Write Reviews Program but actually it seems to be an attempt to monopolize affiliate marketing.

But I was wondering whether it will be good if affiliate marketing is centralized or monopolized.

I feel it will definitely benefit the new or struggling affiliate marketeers.

1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image75
      JYOTI KOTHARIposted 7 years ago in reply to this

What does you exactly mean?

Jyoti Kothari

2. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

Affiliate marketing is so huge and diverse, with tens of thousands of merchants and probably hundreds of thousands of affiliates - no one site could possible create a monopoly.

1. thranax profile image60
      thranaxposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Never say no one. In the end one can always manage to do it. Think about it, i'm sure someone will somehow find a way to own 90% of the market at some point.

2. 0
      ryankettposted 7 years ago in reply to this

EDIT: Just looked at the website and it is not even worth debating. As it happens, I agree with what you just said Nelle.

3. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

thranax I honestly can't see it happening. The sheer numbers of companies, networks, independent merchant programs, and stubborn attitude of most of us affiliates would preclude it. Tecnology also allows entry into the marketplace rather easily.

I'm more worried about state level taxation that get's us thrown out of programs, software and merchants that overwrite our cookies, and google changing its algo like they did during the Florida update right before the Christmas season several years ago.

4. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Why do you think there was anything here but the self promotion attempt?

1. 0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I hate it when I fall for the self-promotion crap that seems to be running rampant here.

2. 0
      ryankettposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Because we all have faith in humanity, only to be let down every time smile

5. Helen Cater profile image60
    Helen Caterposted 7 years ago

Unless all the writers are producing high content I doubt very much they will out do the likes of hubpages and other writing sites. Is this a way of trying to get us all to run over and check it out because I for one am very loyal to hubpages and not really interested in a site I have never heard of.

6. 0
    ryankettposted 7 years ago

Somebody shoot me..... has anybody even looked at the website?

You may as well delete your hubpages account now, we are all doomed..... this man is going to be richer than Gates.

1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image75
      JYOTI KOTHARIposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Why to waste time, Ryan?
      Jyoti Kothari