jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

Help for Home Workers~~

1. Wonder_Woman profile image59
    Wonder_Womanposted 7 years ago

Wow... I would love to work from home...

1. smelloftruth profile image60
      smelloftruthposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Who else doesn't. However, once you have a profitable routine you can expand this and do the work full time at home.

2. 0
    Brenda Durhamposted 7 years ago

Thanks for the info.

But what I need is legitimate leads on how to actually work at home,  not leads on equipment!  haha

Well,  for many others,  I'm sure it's helpful.

3. Nail Technician profile image60
    Nail Technicianposted 7 years ago

You could always try something in the beauty industry.  For example, my sister is now a nail technician based out of her home.  She got her license and then set up her business and claimed a room as her office.  This gives her a tax writeoff too which is great.

4. liuwenhua profile image60
    liuwenhuaposted 7 years ago

Well, I am also working toward that as well. I used to be a typical corporate guy. Putting in 10 -12 hrs a day for a boss that couldn't even remembers my birthday. What struck me was, I had been so into my work that I had completely forgotten the birthday of the person behind my reason for working hard ---my wify. So I said to myself that's it, time to chill and really start working for myself and spend more time with the family.

5. Di Aldrich profile image60
    Di Aldrichposted 6 years ago

I found a nice niche in the world that allows me to work from home most of the time.  I found a product (and this will be your biggest challenge) that was reasonably priced, I could buy at wholesale and was easily carted around and displayed.  I then started looking at events around my city.  I would rent a booth at a fair, gift show, home and garden show or some other specialty show and sell my items.  I established a group of customers from this activity, set up a web site with a shopping cart, and I now only work (outside the home) 27 days per year.  Those 27 are spent at shows that are the most profitable, allow me to show my existing customers what's new, and have the most potential for new customers.  One thing I will say though, even though I am only out and about for 27 days, my "hobby" has turned into a full time job and I am now a wholesaler with about 450 regular (ordering weekly) customers.

6. Jackson Riddle profile image70
    Jackson Riddleposted 6 years ago

I'm not sure if you want to entirely work at home or just have some nice income on the side without much work. If you want the latter check out how I make a little extra cash on the side

7. 0
    TMinutposted 6 years ago

Alpine Access is a great work at home job for people who like to be on the phone. I quit because I hated being on the phone but really had no business quitting! I worked 6am-1pm for $10/hr after training. The training started at $7.50 or $8. The people are friendly, helpful, encouraging.

I would have had to quit anyway because I have little ones now, there can be NO background noise. Things like neighbors mowing lawns isn't good, you need to be able to soundproof a bit.

8. 0
    TMinutposted 6 years ago

Something I did there that I guess I shouldn't have was when dealing with a guy who called in with a complaint (that's not the usual). This guy just needed someone to listen and I kind of egged him on in a very nice way, I wasn't being - I don't know, nothing bad - but he had the sexiest voice and Aussie accent that I just wanted him to keep talking! wink

9. 0
    Virtual Careersposted 5 years ago

As much as working from home seems like a great idea, you have to have dedication!  There are a number of ligitimate work from home jobs.  Any that require payment should be a red flag to stay away from.  Instead of searching the web for "work at home jobs", search the web for things like "virtual employee", "freelance", "remote contractor".  I believe that is a much better search path than the work at home opportunities seach.  Good Luck!

10. BrankoZecevic profile image60
    BrankoZecevicposted 5 years ago

Keep on following your dream!
    I mean look at potential of working from home using internet.
    Theare are litteraly thousends and thousends of opportunities!
    Stick to one at the time and be focused and consistent!
    Best wishes!