jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Free Backround searches

1. 59
    egl5531posted 8 years ago

I am looking for a site that is totaly FREE to do backround investigations. Can any one HELP?

1. Ralph Deeds profile image69
      Ralph Deedsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I don't believe there is a totally free way to do a background search other than to do a complete and exhaustive Google search. Of course that only works for people in the news or who blog or put stuff up on the Internet.

2. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

There is one way you can do a free background search if you know someone lives in the same county as you.  My friend did this when she was screening for perspective people to rent her house.  What she did was went to the county court website and searched to see if they had committed any crimes.  There is a list of all civil and criminal cases kept online on most of the county court websites.  At least in California there is anyway.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image69
      Ralph Deedsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Good idea. Depending on the situation you can ask for references--previous employers, previous landlords and the like and contact them yourself.

3. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

I never did it myself and cannot recommend that method, I just knew a friend did this.

working