jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

A Talking Website Beats A Traditional Site Hands Down 100% of The Time

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

What a load of rubbish. You are talking to me like I am a moron. Is this how your website TALKS TO PEOPLE ?

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

A talking website!  I can't think of anything worse!   By all means have websites which CAN talk, but do you realise how many of your customers are likely to be browsing the internet at work?   They will avoid your site in their millions!

3. Hovalis profile image89
    Hovalisposted 8 years ago

I've hot to agree with Marissa here. I hit the back button on sites with those terrible midi files playing in the background, and sites that talk at me. If I have the sound on my computer at home it's to listen to music, and I don't want your website interrupting my enjoyment. If I'm online at work I don't want anyone to know that I am online. A talking website really does defeat the purpose.

Can you back up your statement with some case studies?

4. 60
    photobloggerposted 8 years ago

the weirdest thing is when those talking websites just start randomly and you have your volume cranked all the way up.

1. Hovalis profile image89
      Hovalisposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I've actually had the volume up on the computer and the playlist has ended, and a talking website starts up and I've almost jumped out of my chair! First thing I do is hit the back key, and then turn off the sound completely. I don't ever go back to the site. If you're going to scare me like that, you've lost my business already.

5. embitca profile image82
    embitcaposted 8 years ago

A talking website will have me clicking away faster than you can say "hands down" 100% of the time wink