jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Would you wanna become an auditor or an tax accountant?

1. yin920 profile image61
    yin920posted 6 years ago

I have just graduated with Accounting degree. And, I was wondering how I should choose the field that really fits me. Could anyone who involve in the Accounting field share their experiences/opinions with me? Are there any suggestions to start my career? Thank you very much.

1. SimeyC profile image86
      SimeyCposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I work for one of the Big 4 accountancy firms. You can get a lot of experience in both tax and audit, as well as advisory and then decide which you prefer. It's hard work, but can be very rewarding...

2. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago

Where do you live?

3. yin920 profile image61
    yin920posted 6 years ago

I am living in Seattle U.S.A.

4. emievil profile image83
    emievilposted 6 years ago

What are your plans? I worked for an auditing firm for 8 years. Didn't regret any minute of it.

5. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago

Well you're really lucky to live there. First consider whether you want quality or quanity? You have quality now you need a solid job. Don't be afraid to start low in a good company and learn everything! My wife is an accountant in the oil business and she learned everything from wildcating & oil tools to downstream. She one of a very few actually know and do all aspects of revenue distribution for oil and gas. But, we live in Houston and it's nice and theres work but it's not Seattle. It gets hotter than hell and the humidity is ungodly. Winters are nice. Worst of all we have traffic from hell! Seatles big but it's just a neighborhood in Houston.