Dicey subject of promotion

1. hot dorkage profile image78
    hot dorkageposted 6 years ago

OK, there are no links here.  I just have a few questions about Ebooks and can't really find any good hubs on it.   I HATE those hubs where the hubber just distills what all the pundits say, without ever providing any evidence that they have even done it, let alone succeeded.   

A big concern for me is that once you release a digital copy of your ebook, it will get to all the free download sites and if people like it they will just steal it.   You can password it, but it seems that the thieves will just crack the password or publish it.  I have cracked passwords off PDF's myself, it's not that hard to do.  It would be better if the PDF had a shelf life but I don't think that's an option.   

When people talk about Ebooks it seems they are always talking about howto ebooks--especially dodgy ones on how to make money build abs or lose weight or how to sell ebooks.  They have kind of a bad rap. 

What about a novel, a graphic novel, a poetry book, a picture book for kids or some other topic?  Does anybody know of anyone who has succeeded at that. 

I really only want to hear from people who have succeeded.  I can surf for all the free advice as well as anyone, and I have this bad feeling that most of it is worth what you pay.

I was also thinking of maybe trying to do some kind of viral thing where I would provide free copies to hubbers who would blog it and or review it.   

Anyway all of this is in the planning stages, but I don't want to be half assed at this.  If I commit to doing it, I want a roadmap for success based on real experience, not theory. 

My sense is that you can get rich selling the worst kind of crap if you promote it in a sleazy and deceptive manner, and you can write the best book in the world and no one will buy it if you don't promote correctly.

2. SandyMcCollum profile image86
    SandyMcCollumposted 6 years ago

Bump... I'd like to see anyone's answers to these good questions, too.