jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

I need help with TAGS

1. 60
    domelite08posted 8 years ago

Can someone give me the Reader's Digest version of how tags work? Do I scoop the META tag key words from the website I'm promoting and just add them in?  Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

1. waynet profile image48
      waynetposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You could scoop the keywords from the website you are promoting, but what's the competition for the keywords?, how effective would that be?

Do your research first and find lower ranked search terms that still relate and dominate them, and I'd recommend only putting one link to the website you are promoting and add other helpful content and links to other external sites to make your hub more useful to others, how to's are good hubs to create.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

HubPages isn't a place to promote your website.  Well, you can promote it, but if you write Hubs purely as promotion and nothing else, they'll get flagged as spam.

3. 60

Thanks Marisa!

4. Lori Osterberg profile image59
    Lori Osterbergposted 8 years ago

Use TAGS to help people find the information you are writing about. You shouldn't use them to promote your site, rather use them to promote your content. So if you're writing a quality article on traveling with kids, you may decide to choose tags of "travel" "family" "kids" which will lead people to those pages that want more info on traveling with kids.

5. 60

Thanks, Lori!