Lotion, Potions & Pills? I think Not.

1. jbedcgreatstuff profile image59
    jbedcgreatstuffposted 8 years ago

Why not, I ask? They seem like great companies and their comp plan looks good too. They have big corporate offices and have been around for years. Isn’t that good? Any company out there that sells products like lotions, potions, pills, miracle juices or miracle gas saving products usually doesn’t work for the average person for many reasons.
    Those companies usually make most of their money from you, the distributor, not from selling the products. They have you on auto ship, so you are their income.
    They only pay about 2% to 15% so many levels deep. They will tell you that when you fill the matrix, you won’t have to do anything and you’ll be making 20 to 40k a month. The truth is, there are so many loop holes to their comp plans that no body ever reaches those levels. You either will have too many people on your left, but not enough on your right side to make the higher level payouts. They tell you that you need more personal volume and your group volume is fine or vice versa, or my favorite, you had fallout this month, so you no longer qualify for that car bonus we promised you about.
    They make you hold home parties to push your crap on your friends. Listen to me…..If I wanted weight loss, I’d go to GNC. If I wanted Lotions, I’d go to CVS, Save on, Nordstrom or Bullocks. If I wanted to put additives in my gas tank, I’d go to Kragen, Chief or Pep Boys and buy a product from STP or Penzoil. You get what I mean….?
    They are a copy cat company of the original company. How many companies out there are selling a juice that is based from the Acai Berry, Goji berry or the Mangosteen fruit? How many of those promise to cure cancer? What a joke? Is our society that ignorant that if something actually cured cancer, wouldn’t we want to check it out? How many travel companies are there now? How many fuel additives are there now? How many of those have been shut down? How many make up, skin lotions and vitamin companies are there out there?
    It just seems like there is so many junk companies on the internet, how do you what is good and what is not? Some of these companies above actually have a good product, but I would never go in business with them. These types of companies just won’t give you a chance to make real money. They will tell you differently, so use your brain and some common sense and you’ll evaluate them better.

Jerry Becker

2. Bonnie Ramsey profile image89
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 8 years ago

Actually, what you are describing is some of the "less than desirable" MLM/Network Marketing businesses. No doubt that there are many of them out there. But that does not mean that they are all bad. The main thing for people to learn is how to do research on the companies in order to determine the ones that offer good compensation plans, unique products, good training and company support. And those companies exist as well if you know how to look for them.

I am one of the fortunate ones who found the right company but it wasn't without a lot of trial and error before learning what to look for in an MLM. And it is not without a lot of effort, either but then no real business opportunity is. It takes investment on our part through time, effort and money in order to make our business successful, as with any business. The difference when you find the right company is the amount of investment it takes to get started, cost of autoship and proper training are all much better than with many other brick and morter type businesses.

I think it is totally unfair to group ALL of the MLM/NM companies together and label them bad just because of some that aren't the best opportunities. If people take the time to do proper research and learn what to look for when looking for an opportunity, they are much more likely to succeed in that business. I think too much of the "lack of research" on the part of the people are being put on the companies in a lot of cases as well. Because many people jump into a business not fully  understanding how it works or just not wanting to put what it takes into a business, they tend to want to claim that the companies are scams. The truth of the matter is that many people just don't take the time and put forth the effort to learn how it works, what it will take from them and do their homework checking out these companies. It is about time that people began to accept responsibility for their own failures instead of blaming it on the companies altogether.