jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (17 posts)

looking for small business

1. Low Boon Jin profile image60
    Low Boon Jinposted 6 years ago

having out of job for more than a year now.
    What kind of small business can i get into with not much capital?

Basically, I am looking for almost anything as I tired sitting at home....lol

1. torontobizbroker profile image60
      torontobizbrokerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

As a business broker I see all types of businesses.  I also get approached by many business owners that bite off more than they can chew, so be careful.  Business ownership is not for the faint of heart.

If you're looking for something with low capital, try a service based business that you can potentially run from your home.  I have seen many businesses fail and have a premises lease obligation that they get stuck with. 

I recently sold a small moving business and fencing business (both quite profitable) and both run from home. 

Try doing a personal assessment and determine your strengths (and weaknesses).  Do a brainstorming search on the internet for "business ideas" that are compatible with your skills and likes.

2. 0
      Brandon Stuckiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't know if you have found a job yet but this might be an opportunity for you! http://hubpages.com/hub/Zus-Health-Pre- … pportunity

2. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Well, you did come to HubPages, which is a writer's community.

So, I guess you've already made that decision, now you have to understand it?

If you want a small business, there is nothing smaller than being at home, writing article, after article here on HubPages.

Dive into the referral marketing aspect and learn everything there is to know about SEO and backlinking.

From what I've heard since coming here- that is the way to make money from writing hubs.

You can setup hubs to directly sell Amazon products, should you decide that?

Either way, you will be self-employed, as in, small business.

I hoped I helped. smile

3. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Also, Welcome to HubPages. smile

4. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

If you are really down there in Malasia and really are looking for something to earn money, you can teach people English for example, or computers. smile

5. Mamelody profile image60
    Mamelodyposted 6 years ago

Affiliate marketing is probably the best way to start a business online with no capital. Do a Google search on how to start a profitable business online and you will find some good ideas there.

6. 59
    craigydposted 6 years ago

What do you enjoy doing? Thats the first question you should ask yourself, then try and apply it to a small business idea.

Making money online is not for everyone. It's not as easy as a lot of people make out, but if you are prepared to work hard at it, read lots and market yourself then it can be done.

Good luck with what ever you choose to do, but remember, be passionate about it!

7. Dao Hoa profile image59
    Dao Hoaposted 6 years ago

Writing on Hub Pages will take a long time before you see any money.

8. 59
    probafixposted 6 years ago

Small business are very important to the economy of any country..A large part of the employees today work for small business.

9. World Marketing profile image61
    World Marketingposted 6 years ago

Look no further check my hubs

10. jossecarr profile image61
    jossecarrposted 6 years ago

For me torontobizbroker's answer is very interesting. Great information.

11. firstofficer profile image61
    firstofficerposted 6 years ago

I just recently found a wonderful online business with zero investment required and I too had to do something drastic due to my recent redundancy and I haven't looked back.

With Zero Investment its a hard one to knock.

12. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 6 years ago

In todays economy the best way to own a small business is to buy a big one and wait a few weeks!!!!!!

13. 61
    cbr112177posted 6 years ago

Real estate investing!!!  There are ways that you can get into this without any money out of your pocket or using your credit!  There are several sites out there that you can learn from.

14. worldlifesite profile image61
    worldlifesiteposted 6 years ago

Great question.  The best place to start is with yourself.

Make a list of what you're passionate about, something you can spend hours a day at for years and not tire or bore of it.  Once you've done that you can start your research on the type of businesses that feed that passion and fall within your budget.  After that you really should tap CORE.  Its free and your local Small Business Administration is where they usually have offices.

CORE is made of up retired business executives that volunteer to help potential small businesses with their decision making by giving advice from their personal experiences in business.

I can not even begin to mention all the benefits you'll get from tapping you local SBA.  You help to pay for it with your tax dollars.  They have a wealth of information from getting a business idea to expanding an existing business.  It is an incredible resource and you will not be disappointed in going there.  I'd plan to spend at least an entire morning or afternoon there.  Its almost like a public library geared toward those interested in small business ownership, partnership, expansion, etc.  You're bound to find information that set you on the right path to small business ownership.

Also, there are a ton of federally funded business ownership programs that they'd know about and that may help you with your funding needs.  They have helped people with no money to people with millions to start a business.

No matter what you decide I would definitely check out the SBA.

1. 60
      Thewhamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am pretty sure the acronym is SCORE:

Service Core of Retired Executives.

But good advice nonethless.