jump to last post 1-17 of 17 discussions (28 posts)

Who's hiring these days?

1. Tom T profile image83
    Tom Tposted 6 years ago

I'm hearing that there are more people interviewing but still not getting hired. While this is positive, it is not what we want to hear.  I wondered if there is anyone who might share their stories about getting a new job, both positive and negative.

1. 0
      L. Andrew Marrposted 6 years ago in reply to this

They're always hiring...

1. 0
        Brenda Durhamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

And Obama!  He needs more czars.  He will be hiring border czars in offices near the Mexican border.  Cushy jobs!  All ya have to do is sit in a chair and look the other way as thousands of illegals jump over and under the fences!

2. 59
      jlilyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Cigna is actually actively hiring throughout the US for various health services jobs. They have positions available in various disciplines spanning finance, IT, general management, and healthcare related roles. It would be worth checking out.

3. smcopywrite profile image82
      smcopywriteposted 5 years ago in reply to this

there are companies that are hiring all of the time without advertising it. if you are interested in a company, typically you can bring their web page or site up and review what open positions they have on the site.
      sometimes there are tons on their site they havent advertised formally for recruitment.;

4. Daffy Duck profile image60
      Daffy Duckposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have applied to almost 80 different jobs.  I finally got an interview and a tour of a facility.

5. ChatArt profile image59
      ChatArtposted 5 years ago in reply to this

ChatArt Studio recruit, hire and place personnel for adult and non adult videochat sessions .You can check more details on www.work-online.ro

2. ForKicks profile image60
    ForKicksposted 6 years ago

Pos- I could get about 3 jobs right now since I know that they're hiring.

Neg-I'm investing more time into affiliate marketing.

3. Alessia Amnesia profile image61
    Alessia Amnesiaposted 6 years ago

I can't even get an interview at the gas station downtown sad

1. Slice Of Life profile image61
      Slice Of Lifeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The medical field is always hiring...

4. ForKicks profile image60
    ForKicksposted 6 years ago

I probably should take one of those jobs...

A few extra dollars in my pocket won't hurt.

5. easyspeak profile image79
    easyspeakposted 6 years ago

Companies are always hiring for sales people.  I'm a sales consultant.  Just got an email last week from a potential client who interviewed 4 sales people for this job and is having a hard time finding a good rep.

1. 0
      Kenrick Chatmanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Straight commission or base + commission?

6. writer83 profile image59
    writer83posted 6 years ago

you can try associated content, and demand studios

7. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

maybe we can use this thread to post jobs we find that look promising. I just found this one in Tampa, Florida for a new SEO marketing company. they're hiring for a few positions.

8. 61
    out of timeposted 6 years ago

I heard they are hiring in China for your old job.

1. paradigmsearch profile image91
      paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago in reply to this

My favorite... smile

9. lahoriamplifier profile image60
    lahoriamplifierposted 6 years ago

work on freelance websites they will really hire you depending upon your work

10. deefoster profile image60
    deefosterposted 6 years ago

The Federal Government is hiring in a lot of different areas.  Also they will be under going  hiring reform to take full efect on Nov. 1st.  I would say to go to usajobs.opm.gov and open an account and stay posted on jobs that you may quality for.

As part of the hiring reform they are doing a complete overhaul that includes duing away with KSA's and going to a resume only system.  Also there will be a special push to hire a certain percentage of people with disabilities

11. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 6 years ago

I just hope they are hiring here, three days till I leave my current job...

1. Dave Barnett profile image59
      Dave Barnettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think BP might have some openings.

12. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

I just saw this article for anyone looking or writing about employment. it list companies hiring weekly.

13. Anna Marie Bowman profile image93
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 6 years ago

Best advice for anyone looking for a job...the medical field is always hiring.  That is one field where there is major job security.

14. 0
    Home Girlposted 6 years ago

In my place(Toronto, Canada) nobody is hiring. I tried to find a weekend(second)job and found only domestic help and only because I worked for that company before. Very hard. And if somebody is indeed hiring - competition is staggering.

1. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes.   I've heard that's why many companies who do need help aren't even advertising it in the newspapers, etc.,  because they get deluged with applicants they have to sift through,  and I'd imagine they also hire via their own personal connections if they can.  No one wants to see their family members and friends out of work....

15. 0
    maddy757posted 6 years ago

If you are ready to travel half way around the globe then India is hiring. smile

16. rabbit.panda22 profile image54
    rabbit.panda22posted 5 years ago

Nursing is a job that is in high demand - especially with the aging baby boomers. I have a friend who is aspiring to be a traveling nurse. Very high pay and an adventure all at once!

17. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 5 years ago

dont feel bad I just got a job after looking for 6 months!