jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

When is it legal to advertise?

1. 0
    wsdismanposted 6 years ago

Is it legal to advertise a business' promotions via my website, free of charge to that business?

2. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

I can make anything illegal for you, just ask smile

3. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I would say that it would or might be useful on a blog or website of your own, but HubPages is for original content.

Should you use the same promotions offered on someone other website....your Hub could be labeled duplicate content and never get approved for publication.

Just a thought. smile

1. 0
      wsdismanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I meant off of Hubpages.  For example creating a website for advertising businesses for free...

1. yoshi97 profile image89
        yoshi97posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Off hubpages ... on a private website ... It's been done many times, but I need to clarify what I am saying to be certain we are on the same page.

You should never create advertising for a business without receiving their permission. Why?

If you are expecting someone to pay you because you advertised for them without their consent, that's not going to happen. If anything, the company might become upset, stating you painted them in a light they didn't want to be seen in and they could force you to remove the advertisements from your site

However, what you could do is put together an ad for a company and ask if you can place it one your site. They might say yes, but again you are working for free.

Here's what I recommend (again, provided we are on the same page)

If you want to make money providing ads for companies you will first need to develop a page with content that readers will like. And my reasoning for this?

Go to your TV and click on the Ad Channel. What? Can't find it? That's because advertisers know people will not sit and watch ads all day. People want content - and readers are no different.

Also, people looking to display ads want them where people will see them, so they want to go with established territory. As such, you develop your readership first and then you approach the companies.

The road forks here:

If your talented enough you can create several ads for a company and ask them if they would like to see these ads displayed on your site (for a fee, of course). They will say yes, no, or they will ask if you will display an ad of their own design)

You could also ask take the easy road and just ask them if they want to advertise, but this is a much tougher road. Why? Because you aren't offering anything to the company but another place to set their ads - you need to be different in advertising to be noticed. I'm not saying this route is impossible - just that it's more difficult.

Now, as far as this 'for free' idea. We live in a capitalist world, but even a capitalist must get the ball rolling somehow.

As such, you offer an incentive program. The first ad is free and the next one will cost X number of dollars. If they are even considering you they will go for the free ad, and if they like the traffic it produces they will go with the paid ad. No need to work for free ...

Hopefully some of what I said will help. smile

2. Cagsil profile image84
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

But, still begs to ask the question that hasn't been asked yet.....

What's your purpose of asking on the forum of HubPages, when you don't plan on using HubPages as the launching pad for your idea?

Your actions make no sense. smile

1. 0
          wsdismanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

For research purposes, there are plenty of members on here that know more about the topic than I do.

4. i_am_Legend profile image60
    i_am_Legendposted 6 years ago