jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Walmart Commits Blueberry Fraud!

1. mod2vint profile image67
    mod2vintposted 7 years ago

According to our local paper Walmart advertised blueberry pints for 2.50 and when this 65 year old man requested a rain check due to them being out of stock. Walmart refused and stated they did not give rain checks, even though their ad stated they did. After management was brought in and still denied this mans request for the rain check he started to tell the other customers as they entered the store. Then Walmart called in the police to rid themselves of this patron. Such a big stink was caused by this 2.50 pint of blueberries that the entire state of Florida's Walmart have to retrain their employee's to the fact that they do give rain checks on advertised products.

The 65 year old man visited 4 other local Walmarts and was denied the rain check at all locations, with the same story as the first.

After corporate was involved one of the managers called to apologize and offer a full flat of blueberries to this man. He states he is not sure if he ever wants to do business with Walmart again. Can't say that I blame him.

What harm would have been done by making this 65 year old man happy and just giving him a freaking rain check to begin with? Why all the drama for 2.50?

2. profile image0
    LegendaryHeroposted 7 years ago

Because people in positions of authority like abusing their power over customers.

3. Michael Willis profile image77
    Michael Willisposted 7 years ago

Sounds like pure "false advertisement" to me. There are laws in place for this practice by businesses. Wal-Mart has been guilty many times for this in the past. Usually the best way to handle this is to call the 1800walmart and speak to someone there and get the issues resolved in an easier way.
    I have had to call before and it does work! I received a letter and a phone call from the store manager and the assistant manager involved after calling Corporate.

mod2vintposted 7 years ago in reply to this

The article touched on that and said Walmart has only had one complaint ever reported on false advertising. I find that hard to believe as big as they are.

1. Michael Willis profile image77
        Michael Willisposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Now that is funny. Yeah right one complaint. They have a department to handle complaints and only one complaint?
        Maybe one court appearance!!!

only one reported to the state.

4. 1974 profile image57
    1974posted 7 years ago

I'm not saying WalMart is in the right by not giving a rain check, but who seriously even asks for a rain check on $2.50 blueberries?  How much time did he waste to save a few bucks?

He's 65 nothing else to do.

5. Arthur Fontes profile image90
    Arthur Fontesposted 7 years ago

I bought the Matrix trilogy from walmart for like $20 bucks.  The second movie was scratched and skipped.

I tried to return it for another DVD set and was told that because they were renovating the DVD's were not available and because I had opened the package they could not give me a refund.

F*&K Walmart

6. 1974 profile image57
    1974posted 7 years ago

I'm sure there is a bingo game going on somewhere.

working