jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

I want to move to Maine...

1. katyschirard profile image60
    katyschirardposted 6 years ago

I am itching to move to Maine and start a nice, quiet, beautiful life. I don't plan on building a family ANY time soon, if ever, so I wasn't exactly sure where to post this topic. I want to own my own business, and I figure it is an "investment" in my "future" so there you go. big_smile

I want to move to Maine, near the coast. I am a musician and painter, and I figure I want to own my own business selling my art and performing in the communities surrounding where I live, depending on whether or not they have coffee shops I guess. I understand that it will not be a luxurious life, and that I may not ever make ends meet, and that is fine with me. I just want to be able to make and do what I want, and enjoy life.

I am getting ready to start college, and I assume that getting a business degree will help me with my endeavour of owning my own business. Correct me if I am wrong, I really am completely lost concerning what to do in college. I was going to go to school for singing, and songwriting/arrangement, but Berklee College of Music is way too damn expensive, so I am only gonna go for this summer. Then I am coming back here to Naples Fl and going to FGCU.

Basically I want to know if anyone has followed there dream, particularly one similar to mine (moving to a place, being creative, making enough of a profit to live fairly comfortably, no family). If anyone has advice, concerning the college decision or the Maine decision, that'd be great.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

We have a hubber who specializes in what jobs are where. This is the one she wrote about Maine.
      Dont know if there have been changes since it was written, but she  would probably answer a question if you comment on this hub.
      Looks like healthcare might offer some opportunities. If you could support yourself by working in a dentists office part time, you could possibly pursue your other interests as well.

2. 0
      Poppa Bluesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Don't go to college to take something you don't have a real passion for!

Whatever you do in life, pursue your passion, strive to make your dreams a reality. In your field it will be extremely difficult. You will probably have to work crappy jobs to pay the bills until you can establish yourself, but it will all be worth it in the end, if you don't waver, never give up and continue to set goals and reach for them! Remember success isn't measured in how many dollars you earn, but in achieving personal satisfaction even if it isn't recognized. Good luck!

2. 0
    Justine76posted 6 years ago

my guess as to why there are so many job openings, is cuz everybody is moving out.  sad  Are you ready for reallly long, cold, hard winters? It IS beautiful, quiet, peaceful.

I recently heard tho, that there is talk of the possability Southern Maine getting sold to Massachussets to pay off debt!! Im not sure how true tha is tho.  smile  good luck, go for your dreams!!