jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Difference between pleasing the boss and loyalty towards company

1. shabarigirish profile image61
    shabarigirishposted 6 years ago

With my experience, employees who tell ‘Boss is always right’ and please their Boss gets maximum benefits than the employees who really work hard for the company. Your opinion please?

1. Rafini profile image81
      Rafiniposted 6 years ago in reply to this

My most recent employer played tricks on those who worked hard for the company, those who did what the boss wanted, those who thought for themselves.  There was no pleasing the head honcho of that particular company!

2. Ohma profile image83
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

It has been my experience that it does not ,matter either way. You can not be all things to all people. I give an honest days work for an honest days pay and go home at night content with myself. I leave the office politics to the people who feel they have something to prove.

3. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 6 years ago

This is a difficult issue and one that will depend on your own charachter(and spelling ability)and how much you need the job!

I have always done what i thought was right, and come close to being sacked on so many occaisions. I have many arguements and never a happy relationship with my bosses, I guess that is why I prefer to be the boss...  But then I was not always right either!!!

But always put your point of view over and try to discuss it, maybe your boss has a very different view of what is right for the company.