jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Back Yard Breeders vs Reputable Breeders

1. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Some "backyard" or small scale breeders are reputable and take excelent care of their animals. If your sister isn't, however, she should be put out of business! Is she running a puppy mill?

2. Ohma profile image82
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

I do not mean you any disrespect but I would ask that you read carefully what Habee wrote.
    She did not say anything disrespectful to you she said IF your sister is not reputable and IS she running a puppy mill.
    I suspect the cause of the confusion may be coming drom the annoyance of the post from your sister which is a family matter and I will not touch except to say that whatever is not going right in your family really does not have a place here on HP.

3. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

Clearly one needs to look out for dud genes shining through. It will always indicate that the family is flawed in some respect. hmm

4. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

it is sad and shameful, but those kind of people have no shame. not only are the animals abused, but the people who are so excited to purchase these pets often end up with animals with severe problems. keep reporting her and I'm sure you can find help online with groups that work to stop these backyard operations.

5. torimari profile image79
    torimariposted 6 years ago

As if we don't have enough dogs, pure bred or not, being euthanized due to overbreeding, I find unlicensed breeding rehensible.

However, a personal attack on hubpages like this is not fair and ineffective anyway. What are we going to do?

If you are helping abused or overbred animals, kudos to you, but perhaps keep it anonymous online. Also, weak arguments that just seem blasphemous and too subjective without proof could affect your cause negatively eve if what you say is true. It won't help your effort.

6. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

it is still unclear to me how North Carolina defines a commercial breeder and a private breeder. a private breeder does not have to be licensed and yet they sell dogs and make a profit. what does the current law state? warrantless inspections are not required for private breeders?
    the puppy mill bill is a hot topic now in NC as it would allow commercial breeders to have 15+ females of breeding age and 30+ puppies? am I reading this bill properly? so a private breeder could have anything less and not be licensed?
    http://www.news-record.com/content/2010 … in_raleigh

Closed to reply