jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

I am not a marketer

1. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

Dont know why its bugging me today, but it really is. Maybe because recently Ive had less time to focus on my real joys.

My author handle (also a business name) and previously a campus based environmental group

SUNFORGED - Students Under Nature FOR a Greener Environmental Dynamic

is often bandied about with the terms "marketer" and other such denigrations

now my activities do fall under this definition:

1 a : the act or process of selling or purchasing in a market b : the process or technique of promoting, selling, and distributing a product or service
    2 : an aggregate of functions involved in moving goods from producer to consumer

to promote is necessary for the success of anyone who desires to thrive based on their art (writing,music, visual etc) - when you do this alone you must learn to market yourself.

i have learned to embody "aggregate of functions"

But I surely do not identify as a marketer - not once have pushed the latest "google profit system" or 'maverick money maker" I could, but I would detest every moment of it. Instead i read, experiment, follow, watch and give such information garnered freely.

I used to have creative writing posted here - it was flagged after participating in the religion forums, lol! This isnt the venue (IMO)

My joy would be to focus and do this all day

http://www.youtube.com/user/SUNFORGEDCO … UfXPTzaiUg

That may be a big blown view of an adsense screen, but my real purpose is hanging high on the walls above

i wish I wasnt viewed as a marketer - back to my marketing, i guess

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Dude - you should keep out of those religion forums.... wink

I hear you too. Marketer? God forbid..........

2. 0
      cosetteposted 6 years ago in reply to this

dude that is ONE bad-a$$ monitor!

1. tobey100 profile image60
        tobey100posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Not to get too religious but I'm afraid I'm coveting you monitor.  OMG!!!

2. Aya Katz profile image91
    Aya Katzposted 6 years ago

Sunforged, I hear you!

But the fact is that you have cracked the marketing nut, while many of us, your fellow artists and writers, haven't! So we see you as our marketing guru.

3. TheGlassSpider profile image80
    TheGlassSpiderposted 6 years ago

Sunforged, I know how frustrating it can be when one is perceived as one thing, when in one's heart they are another (especially when the perceived self helps pay the bills).

Thank you for  sharing your heart's work with us. It is beautiful, and I fully encourage you to do whatever it takes to set aside some time for your heart, for your art. And find someplace to share it, if you like.

Really breath-taking. Thank you again for sharing.

4. waynet profile image48
    waynetposted 6 years ago

Your todays adsense earnings although blurred look like they may be high....and nice pieces of art you have there and yes that monitor is bad arse!

1. myownworld profile image78
      myownworldposted 6 years ago in reply to this

big_smile  I know... but my eyes kept going back to the art... amazing work sunforged!

And on a serious note, I hate all kinds of stereotyping too, and it amazes me how so many people in the online world do that i.e. 'sum you up' as if they know everything about you. How strangers perceive us should not define who we are... so just stay true to yourself... and hope we'll get to see more of your talent sometimes...smile

5. 0
    Justine76posted 6 years ago

do you have your computer hooked up to your tv? how's the wife and  baby? I never knew your name mean that, its pretty cool to know. Im sorry its bugging you today, but..whats wrong with being a marketer? You have to market your suff, dont you? No one else is doing it for you...Isn't it part of what everyone does? Selling some sort of something of themselves to get by.
    I hope your day gets less annoying and if it helps any, I never though you were a "marketer". I figured you were a smart guy who was willing ot share his knowledge. AND I still don't think your quippy. wink

6. Daniel Carter profile image90
    Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago

I think I'm having a religious feeling after seeing your art.
    Not about the other. Although, it could be construed as such by zealots.

I think of you as a source of valuable info and very, very good at what you do, sun. It's all good with me.

7. skyfire profile image73
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

Whoa, you're one good artist Josh ..now let's get back to marketing  tongue