jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (17 posts)

Called Back to Full-Time Employment

1. Michael Willis profile image77
    Michael Willisposted 7 years ago

Great News here...A Company I have done work for has called upon me to come back to them on a Full-Time basis in Electrical.  I accepted. (Of course) There is a job to be done locally and it is close to the house.

I am a self-employed/contractor electrician, but with this really bad and slow economy work has been bad slow. I have got by, but this opportunity opened up and I have decided to take it...for now.  Once the economy picks back up I will restart my own business back up and try to keep both going.

Of course it will cut into the time I have spent on HP, but I will still be here also. Just not as much.

Just thought I would share some good news with everybody on Hubpages!!!

1. Origin profile image60
      Originposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I know how it goes man, I'm an electrical designer that creates the plans for electricians to work on. If your slow, I'm slow lol. I'm still hoping to get back into the field!

Michael Willisposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I hear you!!! I do feel lucky since I get called back, but another company close by just laid off their entire crew. 
        I figure that new work we will see coming will be more from the Medical industry. The one I just started was an expansion for medical and will next start a job on a military area.

1. Origin profile image60
          Originposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I hope it does pick up, I've been hearing about more layoffs in the field during the past couple months from people I know. But only time will tell!

2. K Partin profile image60
      K Partinposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hey congrats Michael. I know it's tough times out there. Very happy for you, and continued success with working. smile

2. Falsor Wing profile image85
    Falsor Wingposted 7 years ago

Congratulations, huzzah indeed.

3. Michael Willis profile image77

Thank you! I am ready for this. No real benefits, but it pays.

4. Super Chef profile image59
    Super Chefposted 7 years ago

Well done Michael hope evrything works out just fine for you!!!!!!

Michael Willisposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I am sure it will. The economy didn't collapse as fast as other places...but it finally did last summer. There are small signs of a slow upturn.

5. Sab Oh profile image60
    Sab Ohposted 7 years ago

Good on ya!

6. profile image0
    cosetteposted 7 years ago

far out! have fun Michael.

7. Michael Willis profile image77

It will be good to know a steady income is coming in and not worrying about it...too much.

8. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 7 years ago

That's good news! Congrats Michael!

9. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 7 years ago

Brilliant news, Michael smile

PS saw on internet news that 10 people died with the tornadoes that swept through SE USA. Sorry to bring this up on your thread, but thought of you and others who were path the other night.

10. wrenfrost56 profile image83
    wrenfrost56posted 7 years ago

Thats ace news, congrats. Michael. smile

Not so good about the tornadoes though. sad

11. Michael Willis profile image77

Thanks Izzy and Wren.
    I read about the deaths also. They were east of Arkansas in Mississippi that I read about. Tornadoes are killers at times.

12. Rafini profile image86
    Rafiniposted 7 years ago

Hey, Wonderful news!  Having a job right now is definitely a good thing. big_smile

working