jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Php Developer vs Web Designer

1. graceth0mas profile image60
    graceth0masposted 6 years ago

How much are they paid? Per project and if they will work full time with the company? Need figures. Please help.

1. content profile image78
      contentposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You would usually pay more for a PHP developer than a Web Designer.  The amounts vary depending upon the experience level you need.  If you need someone w/ about 5 years of experience or so, expect to pay about $60-80 per hour for someone who knows what they are doing.

There are a lot of "php developers" who have no programming experience and learn the language on the fly.  The trouble comes when you try to modify their code for future updates.  Then you will see why it was a good idea to pay a bit more for someone with experience.

1. graceth0mas profile image60
        graceth0masposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks! Great info. smile

2. 0
      Car Donationsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

PHP and web design are almost two separate  fields. I went to school for web design. I learned HTML and some java. However, I missed the PHP surge by two years. Money well spent, ehh?

3. 0
      Jennifer Angelposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you need figures go to your local jobs and labor board, usually a .gov site. They list everything from Web Designers, Consultants and even the little guys in the gray uniforms... General numbers on a Web designer used to be big, like $65k (entry level( $180k (Senior level + Certs & Degrees). Now, with the competition from India, there is little need for a Web Designer.  PHP is on its way out, like most of the older coding methodologies. If you really want the dirt on the best jobs subscribe to TechRepublic.com, Search Security.com and all the others out there, soon you will learn, there is more to the IT industry.