Do you love your job? Or do you hate your job?

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (23 posts)
  1. Origin profile image60
    Originposted 13 years ago

A conversation I was having a day ago with some friends brought this to mind. We were talking about our jobs and what we do, and some of them said they hated doing what they do, while some others said they loved their work.. even though you could tell that they are just sugarcoating it for us for whatever their reasons are.

So, do you love your job? Or, do you hate your job and just do it to pay bills?

1. profile image52
      Nelopeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In the beginning I love my job, very dangerous line of work. After
      getting injuries several times I decided to make a change. My away
      from dead end job, marketing.  I miss working corporate world more
      my niche.  Love working at home,writing, poetry and affiliate marketing.

2. lender3212000 profile image60
      lender3212000posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps a little of both, it depends on the day. Eventually I'd love to be able to make a full time living just writing about the things I enjoy. I would imagine a similar sentiment resonates with at least a few others here...

2. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I'm retired now, but I did love MOST parts of my job - teaching high school.

3. wyanjen profile image71
    wyanjenposted 13 years ago

I do love my job.
    (Graphic arts - design and pre-press work. I lay out the pages and make sure the colors are pretty)

I have always felt very lucky to have stumbled onto it. It's not something I take for granted lol

When I started college I had no damn idea what I wanted to be doing with my life... I'm so glad I took a shot at this career. It's been a perfect fit.

4. cheaptrick profile image75
    cheaptrickposted 13 years ago

I ignored the money side of choosing a career and went with something I had a passion for.I believe that is the key to success because you tend to get very good at what you do and the money just naturally follows.
    It's like not having a job at all,just making money while having fun!
    Of course what you choose has to be legal!

5. profile image0
    pinkyleeposted 13 years ago

I love my job. I have done everything from retail to waitress but I was never truly happy until I started in a daycare. Kids are amazing and the attachments they get with you are just precious

6. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 13 years ago

I love my work... it's not just a job, it's what I do.  I have my own business and it allows me to be creative and artistic, I get to interact with all kinds of people, I don't take any of it too seriously, and best of all, I get paid for doing what I love.

7. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

I've enjoyed most jobs I've had, but as for loving my job...no.  I always felt there was something more out there for me (during the time I'd 'forgotten' the dream of writing) and since remembering, the answer is still no - I still enjoyed my jobs, but didn't enjoy the people I had to work with.

8. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

I like what I do. I do not care over much for the company I am doing it for right now.

9. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

I spend 9 hours a day, 5 times a week at my desk at work. I haven't had a holiday for 2 years (!). I work extra job (I am planning to quit soon) on Sundays, and devote that time to study someting useful and to wtite on Hubpages and else.
    I'd love to work when I feel like it.
    I'd love to get satisfaction and  some  money from it.
    I am very tired.
    But I am going to work on my goal anyway.
    Just have to find it first.

10. Milla Mahno profile image61
    Milla Mahnoposted 13 years ago

I don't have a "job". But I love what I do smile

11. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

I do love my job, being creative, all day long, but sometimes bosses managers, etc can annoy.......

12. kellydove profile image60
    kellydoveposted 13 years ago

i love my job

13. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I do not have a job. smile

14. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

most times love it.  tough week tho.  and....to top it off I'm about to head out soon for a few hours - work related social thing that i'm not into...it's Friday nite after all.  so this week - i don't like it. worked last night for a bit too. next week will be different.

15. profile image0
    eternaltreasuresposted 13 years ago

i dont love my job at present, but i do my best to please my employers and make this present job a stepping stone to develop skills and experience necessary for the next level and hopefully find the job that i would love in the future

16. suziecat7 profile image77
    suziecat7posted 13 years ago

I don't like my job but it pays the bills right now. My days of customer service are reaching the end. Good thing people can't read my mind.

17. Fishing Videos profile image58
    Fishing Videosposted 13 years ago

I start hating my job lately as the job has changed dramatically over the past couple years. Forunately, I have only five years to retirement.

18. CASE1WORKER profile image62
    CASE1WORKERposted 13 years ago

i hated my job but they offerred me money to leave, so i did. now looking (?)for something else

19. uslossmitigation profile image61
    uslossmitigationposted 13 years ago

Love the work I do not sure about the company but its good enough for now smile

20. Shona Venter profile image61
    Shona Venterposted 13 years ago

Am despising my job at present because it inteferes with my writing!

Fellow staff members slack off and of course, those who do work, end up being loaded with their responsibilities as well. People in 'positions of authority' thrive on trying to make you look stupid and useless.

Anyway, enough of the rant. I am doing my best now, to try to earn enough doing what I enjoy - writing - to earn enough income to be able to tell the powers that be to pick on somebdy else! :-)

21. Derek D profile image59
    Derek Dposted 13 years ago

I don't love my job, I like it....It pays the bills and provides me and my family the ability to do things we enjoy........... cool

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)