jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Questions and Suggestions about Twitter

1. 0
    thechef2012posted 6 years ago

I've only had my blog up and running for about 3 months. Since I write articles for internet marketers for a living, I thought it was time I began putting my acquired knowledge to work for promoting my blog. In the short time I've been doing this, I've found I've gotten more feedback from twitter than from any other place.

I use Onlywire to distribute my blog posts and any interesting stuff I run across online. It's a quick and easy way to distribute content to facebook, twitter, Tumblr and many social bookmarking sites.

I don't want to become a spammer, but I'd appreciate any tips for using twitter in the best way possible. Thanks in advance.

1. tbutcher6 profile image59
      tbutcher6posted 6 years ago in reply to this

It sounds like you are doing it, share your blogs, posts, articles on the twitter network. Make sure you associate the subject with a #. I.E. if you are writing about a small business leave room at the end of your tweet for #smallbusiness.

2. SandyHalliday profile image59
      SandyHallidayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I use OnlyWire too. It's a great tool.
      Although you say you don't want to spam Twitter Paul O'Mahoney who makes a lot of money using only Twitter tweets at least three times a day. He uses jokes and interesting information a lot but slips in a promotion now and again.

It's a good plan to use Twitter to connect with people and ask  them questions as well as just posting your blog posts.

2. 0
    Go Writerposted 6 years ago

From my experience, Twitter works best when you have an active audience. You've got to be willing to stay engaged with this audience.

There are days when I don't want to talk to people. That's why article marketing is more my gig.

An active audience who enjoys following you for whatever reason, usually becomes an active follower.

Many people have tried different methods of how to increase Twitter followers from automated software, to following the big gurus and re-tweeting their info, to telling jokes.

Some people even debate that telling jokes and just "socializing" is not enough to get people to buy anything from you. You should do more active promotion like real marketers.

Here's the point.

With Twitter, it's about an active targeted audience who follows you.

If they like your jokes, keep sharing them. If they like the marketing articles you tweet them, keep sharing them. Maybe it's an affiliate product you throw in once in a while.

Definitely promote your website or affiliate link in your profile. You can automate some of that tweeting with free tools like Tweetdeck or Hootsuite. Allows you to pre-schedule your tweets.

Whatever method you end up choosing that works for you, stick to it.

1. Sunny_S profile image60
      Sunny_Sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

i couldnt agree anymore.

3. liljen23 profile image73
    liljen23posted 6 years ago

Hello thechef, as long as you have followers you will get traffic and it is not spamming if it is automatically being sent to the bookmarking sites. Keep doing what you are doing though because in the long run you will boost your blog and get more traffic..

1. Sunny_S profile image60
      Sunny_Sposted 6 years ago in reply to this