jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

How to make some extra money as a college student?

1. maplethorpej profile image84
    maplethorpejposted 6 years ago

I currently have a job at a restaurant making about $300 every two weeks but I'd like to find some other way to bring in a little extra money as well. Please don't mention HubPages, I'm already trying that lol. I don't care how 'out there' the idea is, please suggest. Thanks!

1. kay hebbourn profile image61
      kay hebbournposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I might be able to help you with that one, would be very happy to chat to you.

2. Ohma profile image81
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

You could have a look at  Redgage. They have an interesting program and is also good for building backlinks. to your hubs.

If you sign up tell them Ohma refereed you.

3. uslossmitigation profile image59
    uslossmitigationposted 6 years ago

If you are good at it then you can do freelance writing. It earns good plus you have something to write in your resume.

4. maplethorpej profile image84
    maplethorpejposted 6 years ago

Ohma - I'm gonna try Redgage out. I'll refer you.

uslossmitigation - Where is a good place to look for freelance work?

5. TINA V profile image81
    TINA Vposted 6 years ago

Earning extra income will depend on your line of interest other than writing, but here are some ideas that you can try:

1. Externship Training – Try to apply with companies that could also be your prospective employers in the future. There are those who accept college students to work for them based on certain amount of allowance and number of hours only.
    2. Telemarketing or Customer Service Representative – Some companies accept home based applicants to do the work for them. But you need a computer and a telephone line.
    3. Retail Companies – They accept part time employees for a number of hours.
    4. Selling goods – Perhaps, you can try selling stuff if you only have the interest to sell. You can sell it to your family, friends or friends of friends.
    5. Car Wash – I have seen some group of college students who extends car wash services in their residential area. But you have to check if this is allowed in your place.

I hope these would help you. Good luck!

6. Greek One profile image80
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

I got free room and board in college by posing nude around campus...

sure, it was a jail, but I still got a roof over my head and 3 square meals a day

7. girly_girl09 profile image80
    girly_girl09posted 6 years ago

I know you said anything but hubpages, but if you take it seriously and do SEO and keyword research, you can make "good money" here. My first month I probably spent 100 hours doing research about how to write to make money online and it paid off. Last month, I made almost $500 and I haven't written many hubs lately because my time is mostly spent studying and in class. HP is perfect for college students; once you write some good income-earning hubs, the money keeps coming without any additional work.

Another hubber, Whitney05 is also extremely successful here and she is in college, too. You just have to do the research - trust me, it pays!!

I personally prefer writing on HP over other traditional college student jobs. smile

8. 0
    eternaltreasuresposted 6 years ago

yeah working in a restaurant, factory, mall or almost anywhere is worthwhile when you're a college student. I remember the days when I used to dig canals in a construction contractor.

9. TheWicklessCandle profile image59
    TheWicklessCandleposted 6 years ago

Whore yourself out?

Or, sell on eBay. Currently I have a very nice eBay business that supplements what I already make.