What do you know about Duty Free Shops in various countries?

1. LasanthaW profile image78
    LasanthaWposted 6 years ago

Most of the countries have Duty Free Shops. Most of them are at airports. You will note that the same product is sold at high prices at duty free shop in some countries and at low prices in other countries. In certain countries, prices are very cheap compared to other countries. Certain airports are famous for duty free shops. There are no duty free shops in some countries' airports.

What are the reasons for these conditions? Let us share our experiences.

1. heart4theword profile image62
      heart4thewordposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm sorry, I feel a little dense?  Not sure what this term means...duty free.  I hear what your saying about some shops in one country charge more for their product than the other.  Is this the true meaning of the term?

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image82
        Kangaroo_Jaseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Duty Free items are items sold at airports, at the international ports of an airport that sell goods free of duties, importation costs and certain local, state and federal taxes.

So for example, if I was to fly to the UK from Australia, I may purchase some Scotch Whiskey that will be cheaper to buy than in my local shopping centre.

There are also limits on quantities of what one can buy and take with them to another country.