Does anyone know of any houseparent employment position openings?

1. ToddlerMother profile image60
    ToddlerMotherposted 6 years ago

My husband and I are looking for houseparent employment. 

What is a Houseparent?
    The term "Houseparent" is one of many names to describe Residential Child Care Workers.  Other names include: Homeparent, Residential Staff, Teaching Parent, Resident Counselor.   I use the name Houseparent, because I believe it to be the most common term used to describe Child Care Workers.  However, what ever term you or your facility use is sufficient.

In most cases, a set of Houseparents are made up by a married couple that live in the house with the children 24 hours a day 7 days a week.  However, some facilities will have single houseparents, that either work alone or as part of a team.  Many facilities will use a single houseparent as an assistant or relief staff.

Most Houseparents are responsible for the daily care of the children living in their home to include: meals, laundry, housework, school work and transportation, recreation, church and devotions, daily paperwork, transportation to counseling, doctors, home visits, etc.  In some facilities you also have to basic repairs to the home, basic maintenance on the van and other vehicles, care for any animals the home may have, as well as other duties.

Schedules, salaries, and benefits vary as much as do the different facilities and programs.  I have seen cash salaries vary from about $800 a month per couple all the way up to $5,000 a month per couple.  Almost all salaries include room and board while you are on duty.  Many include housing during your relief days and some even include meals or food during your relief.  Some facilities will give you an allowance in place of relief quarters that range from about $100-$500 per relief period.

As far as schedules go, some facilities give you alot of days off, others don't.  Some facilities are so short of staff that you are fortunate to get one or two days off a month.  On the other hand I have seen facilities that advertise a 4 days on and 4 days off schedule.  Most however fall somewhere in between.  I have seen the following schedules: 5-2. 10-4, 15-6, 21-6, 29-6, 7-7, 24-4.  I am sure there are several others out there.

I've found two website to help me find some houseparent positions which include the houseparent network and working couples - however if anyone else knows more please let me know:)

1. 61
      teboyyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

i am looking house parent with reasonable monthly salary