jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

1. FactAndFiction profile image59
    FactAndFictionposted 6 years ago

Just thought I should start a forum for your opinions!!! Tell me what you think about the national income, minimum wage, etc.

1. DanPowers profile image77
      DanPowersposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think people should get it into their heads that nobody owes them a living. That's one of the most important lessons I've learned.

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That isn't going to happen any time soon, not with multiple generations that have learned to expect their entitlements on time every month or there will be he** to pay.You and I may have learned the lesson but millions of others haven't.

2. I am DB Cooper profile image66
    I am DB Cooperposted 6 years ago

Entitlements disproportionately go to seniors. Seniors vote in disproportionately large numbers. Don't expect much to change. I've seen seniors protesting universal health care while at the same time telling the government "don't touch my Medicare". Where do they think Medicare comes from, the health care fairy? The sad thing is, many entitlements to poor people are not only beneficial to society, but they are a very minor expense compared to bank bailouts and defense spending, but they've become a much bigger political issue. For now, government policy will reflect the demands of older people. That means the war goes on (for American integrity), the rich get tax cuts (they've built up their wealth on their own, why should the government get any of it?), government health care for seniors is great but for everyone else it's a terrible idea, Social Security payments will remain for all seniors at the qualifying age no matter their income (even Warren Buffett gets a check), and sacrificing tomorrow to make today a little more comfortable is A-Okay.

3. Sheila Mae profile image61
    Sheila Maeposted 6 years ago

im eager to learn on making money online.....