Choosing What You Want To Do

1. TLMinut profile image60
    TLMinutposted 6 years ago

This is a funny (to me anyway) excerpt from an article/essay on doing what you love.

In high school she already wanted to be a doctor. And she is so ambitious and determined that she overcame every obstacle along the way including, unfortunately, not liking it.

Now she has a life chosen for her by a high-school kid.

Here's the link to where it came from since I didn't write it.

2. nlowman profile image61
    nlowmanposted 6 years ago

That is pretty funny. I, and most human beings I'd imagine, had no idea in high school what I would be like now. Some basic characteristics are the same, but growth and change are constant.

I've recently decided I'd like to apply to graduate school for journalism, and so many people have given me negative feedback. I've heard, "It's a dying industry;" "You won't get paid much;" "Why not marketing or business, you planned events for Microsoft before;" "Is there really a market for that?" These folks are all well-meaning, but I'd like a career that I enjoy. As long as I can pay bills and eat with a few extra bucks here and there, I'll be satisfied with my paycheck. More would not hurt, I'm not going to lie, but satisfaction holds greater value for me.