jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

My Positive Experience with Fortitude

1. Kaabi profile image85
    Kaabiposted 6 years ago

Hello guys! I would like to share with you my great experience with a website known as Fortitude, which pays you between $10 and $100 for high quality articles.  Being that this is a site full of great writers, there is no better place for me to discuss this opportunity than here.

Many of you are on HubPages because you want to make money from your writing.  I am the same way.  If you want to get paid directly from your pieces, as opposed to from ad revenue from articles, the only thing you could do before Fortitude was join a site like Associated Content or Helium.  These sites pay only a couple dollars for articles at best, and there is no incentive to put a lot of effort into what you create.  That's what makes Fortitude different.

On Fortitude, articles are voted on by the community every day, and the top 50% of articles get published on the Front Page.  A Front Page article gets between $10 and $100, while articles that don't make the cut get paid nothing.  Because of this, Fortitude is able to pay a lot for articles, as unlike other sites, they don't pay for everything.  To get an idea of what can make it through and what you can get paid for, check out my article about [<snipped link> stupid things Republicans have done, which got me a sweet $10.

I love Fortitude more than only because it has given me an opportunity to make good money.  The site launched in June, and I have already made over $150 from my article submissions.  More importantly, I believe in the concept of this website.  This is the only place where you have a true incentive to write passionate, amazing articles, because the best articles are the ones that get paid.  This friendly competition between writers creates awesome content that you enjoy reading as well as writing.

Another great aspect of Fortitude is the fact you need to pay $23.99 a year to be a part of it.  Why is that "great", you ask?  Because, unlike other free sites, this fee keeps out low-quality writers and ensures the integrity of the system.  Without a fee, people could open up multiple accounts and give high scores to their articles, completely destroying the democratic system Fortitude employs.  In any case, you can make that fee back with a single high quality article, so it shouldn't be a problem if you believe in your abilities.

As I said, I just really love Fortitude.  I love writing articles for it, because they are not boring like other articles I have to produce for my niche websites.  With Fortitude, the only way you have a chance of making money is if you write about what you are passionate for.

If you think this is something for you, I would appreciate if you signed up under my affiliate link, which is <snipped link>.  To be clear, I reviewed the HubPages linking policy, and it does not seem to expressly forbid affiliate links, but does discourage them.  It should be clear to you this is not mindless spam, as I am a longtime HubPages member, and more importantly, I really just care about other people seeing this opportunity.  As I said, I really believe in the concept of Fortitude, and I want to see it grow.  You can take off those numbers at the end of the link and sign up unreferred if you want.  I can't say I would prefer that over getting some referrals, but more members and more growth means higher payouts per articles for me, so more people joining will benefit me regardless in the long run.  I've only made a little bit of money from referrals, as most of what I've earned has come from what I've actually written.

If you have any questions about this, feel free to message me, or ask in this thread.  I'm not going anywhere, so I'll be free to discuss this for centuries to come.

1. darkside profile image83
      darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That don't make the cut to get on the frontpage... otherwise it will be published, just you'll never see any money for it, and they still will.

2. darkside profile image83

You must have missed this bit: Do not start threads for the sole purpose of promotion or posting links.

And affiliate links are a definite no-no.

2. kmackey32 profile image81
    kmackey32posted 6 years ago

I dont believe in anything that charges a fee......

3. Kaabi profile image85
    Kaabiposted 6 years ago

Darkside, it's not true that the benefit substantially from internal pieces published.  Eventually they will earn ad revenue from them, but it won't be much.  And they really make money from the Front Page articles, because they resell them for more than they pay.

You're right, there is the chance of doing work without getting paid for it.  But if you believe you are a good writer and have meaningful ideas to share, you can make money.  I'm just a 19-year old college student and I have 12 articles published to the Front Page, out of a total 21 published.  So a little more than half of my articles have earned me at least $10.

And kmackey, why don't you believe in this just because it charges a fee?  Honestly, Fortitude would be horrible without the fee.  There would be so many low-quality writers submitting crap, just because they can.  And if you don't like the site, you can cancel your account and get a refund within 60 days.  The only thing you have to lose is some of your time, if your articles don't make Front Page and you decide to quit.  But I guarantee if you work hard and never give up, you will be successful.

1. darkside profile image83

The front page articles are only the tip of the iceberg.

And by your own admission there would be many excellent articles submitted.

So the result would be, many, many top quality articles that they've never had to pay for. And they will earn from it, they will earn plenty, if not in traffic then there are other ways they can implement changes quite easily. And again, the author will never see a cent of the money.

1. Kaabi profile image85
        Kaabiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can use the articles that aren't put on the Front Page in other ways, such as submitting to other directories.  They don't resell the ones on internal pages.  And if they did, good for them!  This is a great opportunity regardless, and you shouldn't look at this so negatively.  The bottom line is I have never seen another website that offers this kind of opportunity for articles.  I went into this with a positive mindset, and I've made a good deal from my articles, which I've enjoyed writing.

And as for the administrator Nick Oba, he is an intelligent and humorous man with a proven track record of success.  I am confident that this project will be successful, I believe in it.