jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)

MLM's and Home Based Businesses

1. nivela profile image60
    nivelaposted 8 years ago

just found a new one, check out the hub smile
    <snipped promotional link>
    the compensation plan is what makes it different, i wanted to introduce it to the knowledgable and reading masses. smile holla

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago in reply to this

LOL -

No you weren't. You were advertising your hub. If you had been looking for constructive criticism and had a hub that was not solely to sell a particular product, I would not have flagged your post or said anything. This is what you asked for:

2. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

Please note that advertising and promotional posts in the forums will be deleted and may result in the closing of your HubPages account. Please use the Forums in the spirit of community! forum rules big_smile

3. Hovalis profile image88
    Hovalisposted 8 years ago

Wow, that report link really comes in handy, doesn't it?

4. nivela profile image60
    nivelaposted 8 years ago

well soooorrryyy! i was going for some constructive criticism sad

havent been on here in a while and wanted to see how my skills brushed up against the veteran hubbers smile

5. MrMarmalade profile image84
    MrMarmaladeposted 8 years ago

I agree with your thoughts on this hub

6. Kyani profile image61
    Kyaniposted 8 years ago

then just what do we call this?

[ Mark Knowles
          Mark Knowles is a professional blogger. In fact, Mark is a real estate industry first - the Executive blogger for Luxury Property Dot Com. And if Mark likes anything, it’s being first...]

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You're quoting from Mark's profile.   That's what the profile is for - to let people know who you are and what you do, which is naturally going to include any other business ventures you have.  That's completely different from using the Hubs themselves, or the Forums, to promote stuff.

2. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago in reply to this

That would be shameless self-promotion on my profile page telling people exactly what I do for  a living. Rather like yours.

As opposed to starting forum threads to promote my hubs.

If you ever see me starting a forum thread that goes, "Check out my hub on...." feel free to call me on it.

But if you would like to see the forums filled with announcements of every hub written go right ahead.

3. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

We call that perfectly acceptable.

7. freemlmmarketing profile image61
    freemlmmarketingposted 7 years ago

Relationships first, your friends will give you constructive criticism as they see fit.  Don't feel the need to "trick" people into evaluating your biz op.

8. etb50 profile image79
    etb50posted 7 years ago

you could put it under the extreme hub makeover if you want constructive criticism on your hub.

9. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

LOL At the times this thread was started, there were no such thing as Extreme Hub Makeover. In fact it was created as an attempt to confine such threads smile