jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Better than Web 2.0 (social-networks)?

1. BIG Mike profile image60
    BIG Mikeposted 8 years ago

That's pretty good considering that there are no WEB 2.0 standards per se. WEB 2.0 is defined in different ways by different individuals/organizations - search Google for that.

As someone who is an expert in this field, I can say emphatically what you're suggesting is nothing more than a scam.

2. seohowto profile image61
    seohowtoposted 8 years ago

Sounds very interesting. Can you tell more?

3. ngureco profile image86
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

Advertising in forums/discussions does not add to the quality content of hubpages. Do not post blatant ads in forums.  The discussions should be left for quality content. Thank you for posting.

4. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

What are you not getting here. We don't want people who join up just to promote a scam like this.

And if you had add the link (uce) your post would already have been deleted smile

5. RFox profile image82
    RFoxposted 8 years ago

Google is a search engine not a web browser.

Web 2.0 relates to the way web content is able to be viewed. Static versus dynamic pages etc.
    It is a coding platform and has nothing to do with Google. Google only needs to be Web 2.0 compliant in the sense that it's search algorithm includes dynamic page content as well.

And as all websites are individually coded it is also ridiculous to state that the entire web will be upgraded to be Web 2.0 compatible. Not to mention web browser companies are individually owned and will not allow an outsider to change their platform. They do internal upgrades.

For anyone who knows what Web 2.0 actually means you can tell this is a scam right away. For those of you not tech savvy: This guy is full of ****

Cheers all. big_smile

6. Lissie profile image86
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

Yeah what RFox said the OP's post makes no sense at all to anyone who knows anything about how the internet works

7. pkmcr profile image84
    pkmcrposted 8 years ago

This "news" has been around a little while now.  What you seem to be getting excited about is the fact that Google will be allowing approved websites to add an application that replicates the sites like Facebook.  The difference as I understand it is that there will be portability of your personal social network membership from site to site.  Or to put it another way you will be able to join different social networks on websites without the need to create another profile at each site.

So if you have an interest in gardening, dogs, genealogy and music you will be able to join the social networks on sites, where the webmasters have been approved (similar to Adsense approval), with one profile.  What is interesting about it is that there will then be able to be a level of connection between your interest based social networks.

It's the natural evolution of sites such as Facebook and will, if it works, enable us to connect outside of the closed communities that are the current social networking sites.

Or there again I may have completely misunderstood what you were on about of course smile

8. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image79
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 8 years ago

Malliam ,
    You have got enough mileage in the forum. Congrat!!!
    Whether people agree or not they are listening to you. That is important.
    It may be a spam or may be a new invention. I don't know.
    All the new inventions were ridiculed the same way by the traditionalists. If it is so, Great!
    If not, even then you are the winner. You have attracted notice of the great hubbers.
    Congrat again!

9. pfuller profile image61
    pfullerposted 8 years ago

let's see how it might work

MySpace, Facebook and others have separate and distinct websites

then people start to think that wouldn't it be cool if I could somehow link all of my accounts together

people start to talk about open source in relation to social networks and call it open social

google and others introduce api's, java, aps, widgets to do these things, but websites have to add this stuff to the sites to work, not to mention everyone is still discussing standards

how about creating a new social add-on to a browser or better yet a brand new social browser

no need for websites to do anything

10. JJC13 profile image61
    JJC13posted 8 years ago

I'd say web 2.0 and social networking works hand in hand.  To succeed in web 2.0 you need to join social networks.

11. smallbizpro profile image59
    smallbizproposted 8 years ago

If you really want to see something that's using both Web 2.0 functionality as well as maximizing  web page traffic via your existing social networks and blogs, check out the Flock web browser. It's a cool browser that integrates many of your networks like Facebook, Twitter, Pownce and more.