jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)

Becoming the face of a movement.

1. Mikeydoes profile image81
    Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago

I am a 24 year old who has had an average life. Luckier than some I got a high paying job at 18. It was construction and I was a laborer, pay was amazing. I would bring in $900 a week. The money did nothing for me, I would put it in the bank. Go to bed and just be beat from working. Needless to say I was miserable. Spending most of my time thinking of any way out of that mess I enrolled in college. Problems at home brought me back home. I was soon back to my miserable life of busting my butt and being too tired to hang out with my friends. Every day I was scheming on ways to get out, eventually I found a way back to college which was short-lived. I had found college just wasn't my thing.

I had decided that I would do whatever it takes to not go back to a life of construction. With this time off living with all the money I had saved, I have finally decided what I want to do with my life. It is obvious money is needed in order to live a comfortable life, but I have found that although I want the money, I know that only certain things make me happy. Family, friends, fun, fishing, and I'm sure there are more f's we can throw in there. Anyways I plan on big things with my life. I would give lots of money to charities, and do whatever I could to make the world a better place.

I have no college degree, big whoop. I Am an asset in anything I do, because realize with practice I can do anything. I was offered a job in sales in an upcoming business, I feel everything the company stands for is incredible. And with global warming on the decline, going green is still important. I have been contacted by the CEO of this company, as he liked an article I wrote here on hubpages. Honestly it's not much yet, but I feel I can make this company blow up. 

I have been looking for real inspiration on tv for someone becoming successful, a documentation of every step an average young adult had to go through. Jersey shore is not worth anyone's time. I want to pitch me to tv stations. It would show me making deals and my life on becoming successful. I want to inspire a bunch of young people to believe in themselves. I want to prove you just need a dream and ambition.

Would you be interested in watching me become successful?

1. dutchman1951 profile image61
      dutchman1951posted 6 years ago in reply to this

well, the drive and purpose seems to be in line, so go for it, and yes, I would like to see you and others like you be successful. Best wishes

just be from the heart, and do it with Zen, and me thinks you may well do it.

2. lady_love158 profile image59
      lady_love158posted 6 years ago in reply to this

No, not interested, but good luck to you!

2. alternate poet profile image75
    alternate poetposted 6 years ago

Well - I like your attitude to life and the way you have worked your way through so far.

To forecast success from such small beginnings is risky in the extreme, many young guys are sure they are going to rule the world at your age and most crash and burn.  However if you have the balls to try to sell this then you should go right ahead and try - for every million who fail one succeeds !  It could actually be you bud !

3. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Don't take this the wrong way, but just looking at your stance in the picture you provided on your profile?

I am not sure how anyone would take you seriously. I mean, it isn't the most appropriate picture for someone trying to obtain success. Especially from Corporations or from something like TV.

Just a thought.

Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree to disagree. The stance is not professional, however people will click on it to get a closer look. I am not going to change for anyone, not for tv. I want to see real people on tv, not actors. And since I feel that way about other people I'm willing to give it a try.

All I know is when I see a pic of a girl and I can't see the face, I click on it and if I still can't see the face I'm intrigued. At this time it was the only pic I had. But what you say def has merit to it.

1. alternate poet profile image75
        alternate poetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just WHAT are you measuring in your pic !!!   Some might think you are bragging, others may feel pity for you big_smile

4. Joe Badtoe profile image61
    Joe Badtoeposted 6 years ago

but this is a bizarre piece.

The naked self promotion of yourself seems almost narcissistic.

I think you have an agenda here that has little to do with asking good folk on here to 'help' you.

Your drive to become some z list celebrity won't bring you happiness.

5. Kangaroo_Jase profile image81
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 6 years ago

To answer your question, no.

I am asking if people are interested in watching someone succeed. I don't appreciate you telling me I'm self promoting, I asked a question. Very rude. Not to mention all people do on this site is promote themselves.

Ted Turner's dad said set goals that are impossible to achieve. What ended up happening with that guy?

People don't get to that point if they don't try. Have any of you? Maybe I'm just a dreamer with ambitions.

1. Joe Badtoe profile image61
        Joe Badtoeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well guess what Mikey? Life isn't all chocolate and maybe if you take the knocks you can be stronger. Reread your topic and ask yourself how else should your 'who wants to watch me become successful' comment be perceived?

Im not knocking your ambition and I hoep you get to where you want to go but if you think my comment was 'rude' you better put on a suit of armour on your way to the top.

Treat any kind of criticism as reminder that you need to focus on where your heading instead of allowing negative crap from me to nail your feet to the floor.

Why do you need to be on TV anyway? That's not a measure of making it or becoming admired for helping others.

Oh and forget the dream make the ambition real.

Good Luck.

I don't want to be on TV. But people watch tv..... therefore it is an excellent way to get the product out. If I have to be the face of it, so be it.

Who is the face of global warming and brought it to the forefront? Al Gore. He thought he was promoting a very important topic, however he was wrong with almost everything he said in that movie. What I will be promoting is a no brainer.

6. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

..dream Mikey...go for whatever is in your heart...sounds like you have the drive and passion....

keep it in balance too....

7. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

Becoming the face of a movement.

If this at 24 is where you wish to be... then I suggest you also consider that sometimes the 'movement' ends up on the 'face' if you get the drift. Have a viable plan to 'lick' that situation if it is unvoidable hmm

Having a degree is not a pre-recquisite to being successful.. In fact in many situations, it is an encumbrance. I started out like you and believe me.. do not seek approval from others.. just do it and don't preach about it.

Good Luck... capture the moon smile

Exactly how I feel. I am not seeking approval, most successful people are considered crazy until they make it.

8. Mighty Mom profile image92
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

The only person whose opinion matters on this subject is your own. Believe in yourself and the product you are promoting and you will succeed.
    I, for one, am always happy to see good things happen to fellow hubbers and love when they share their successes here!
    Good luck and knock em dead!

thank you!